Xwave-576 PCI Sound Card...

Post by Wyatt Draggo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Morning!

I just got a system that came with an Xwave 576 PCI sound card.  The
chipset on the box is listed as 'Yamaha 724 and AC97 Codec (SNR over
85db)'.  sndconfig identified it as a 'Yamaha Corporation YMF-724F [DS-1
Audio Controller]'.

Has anyone had any success getting one of these to work?  Where can I
look for more info?  I've searched the Yamaha site, and then searched
Deja, but no luck.  A couple of other people had asked, but neither got
replies (by USENET, anyway...)

Thanks,
Wyatt

Xwave-576 PCI Sound Card...

Post by Michael Nadle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> do you have a driver for YAMAHA XG 724 sound card, i have the same problem
> here with Red Hat Linux.  Thanx in advance.

I have a Sony Vaio-F480 with a Yamaha XG-SD or some such.  The only sound
driver support I found 4 months ago was the commercial OSS package at
http://www.4front-tech.com/linux.html .  It works very well for my system.

I hope there are other options now.

-- "I don't want it perfect, I want it Thursday!"
--                      -- J. Pierpont Morgan

Xwave-576 PCI Sound Card...

Post by Erich Mercad » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

do you have a driver for YAMAHA XG 724 sound card, i have the same problem
here with Red Hat Linux.  Thanx in advance.

1. PCI Yamaha Sound Card (Xwave Direct 192 PCI) Help o : )

Hi , I just got this card, set-up in dos, (has protected-mode set-up
dos-utility program ),called `SETUPDS` for dos setup of DS-XG device.
        The card works fine in DOS\WINDOWS97? ,but soundblaster mode
doesn't get set on 'boot-up' , in Linux.
I tried running isapnp ,but it ends in an error - parameter out of
range.

I figured that as long as I had soundblaster up in dos , that it would
be
working in Linux (btw-SuSE 5.3 - kernel 2.0.35 '1998' .

CD audio, MIDI(mpu401),fm , but no /dev/dsp, or /dev/audio .

Linux bootmsg , says that sound initialization is complete - with
I/O FM=338 - MPU401=330,IRQ5 - joystick=201, and that's it, There's
no soundblaster listing.

Probably someone has had the same experience with this type of `PCI`
card ,and can shed some light on how to get it set up in Linux .
Appreciate your help .

John W Mislan

--

John W Mislan<->Crystal River Fl.34428<->ICQ#18664779<->
To page me when I am on-line (probably-now ;)use->

2. scsi tape drive not recognized? how to fix this?

3. Linux Driver for Yamaha XWave Direct 192 XG PCI Sound Card

4. Changing page size in RedHat 5.1 (Intel)

5. ISP negotiates at MRU 1500 (576 needed)

6. Creating a boot floppy for tape drive

7. mtu 576

8. RAID

9. The reason behind 576 bytes

10. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

11. how to get unixware v7 recognize pci modem and pci sound card??

12. Linux , PCI sound cards, Zoom PCI pnp Modems

13. Need sound driver RH5.2 using S3 sonicVibes PCI sound card