Q: What is the reason for the following wwwoffle error?

Q: What is the reason for the following wwwoffle error?

Post by Mirko Sucke » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello there,
I want to run the www offline explorer on my machine, it works fine as
long as I am in offline mode. Then I connect to the internet via my
telephone line (this works fine for long) and want to switch wwwoffle to
online mode in the index page. It replies
WWWOFFLE Server Error

                               The WWWOFFLE server encountered a fatal
error
                        Cannot open connection to wwwoffle server on
localhost
But it works as long as I am not connected.
What is the reason for this? I consider it to be a name resolving
problem, but have no clue.
Any comments appreciated,
--Mirko.

--
http://www.hamburg.netsurf.de/~mirko.sucker/
Die besten sind diejenigen, die alles selbst bedenken; gut sind auch die,

       I could't understand whats going wrong.
I compiled new kernel with kgdb patch..and entered the details in /etc/lilo.conf
and running lilo..

i got the following lines..

Warning: /etc/lilo.conf should be writable only for root ( I am in root login only)
Warning: device 0x0306 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit.

geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (  1146 > 1023).

Could any one help me out...

thanks,
srinivas.

2. how can I have Multi host

3. i am getting the following error while installing LRP onto Hard disk?

4. Tcpd and Syslogd going nuts

5. i am getting the following error?

6. Looking For Info On IP Addresses

7. I am getting the following errors with PPP...

8. login.conf

9. Newbie Qs: Kernel patching and ppp auto dialing for no (apparent) reason

10. Am I making a security mistake with the following Perl?

11. i am getting the following after configuring the samba..

12. what does the following script do,,, I am a newbee please elaborate thanks

13. Q: find command does not follow symbolic links unless you specify -follow ?