"Inndstart can'd bind address"

Post by Brian Kvalst » Thu, 04 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I am getting this error message. Any suggestions? I have manually added
the junk and control groups. I am running on a dynamic IP CSLIP
connection...trying my best to emulat the setup described in the
Tiny-News FAQ.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Post by bill davids » Thu, 04 Jan 1996 04:00:00

| I am getting this error message. Any suggestions? I have manually added
| the junk and control groups. I am running on a dynamic IP CSLIP
| connection...trying my best to emulat the setup described in the
| Tiny-News FAQ.

There's a new news howto, but you forgot to take the nntp entry out
of /etc/inetd.conf.
--

I will support laws and technology which limit what you are allowed
to hear, if you will oppose laws and technology limiting what I am

1. INNDSTART: inndstart can't bind Address already in use

I have installed INN as per the FAQ's and all the readme's BUT the
above message is given via the syslog file everytime I try and
start it.
ie
/usr/lib/news/etc/rc.news
# prompt back
tail -f /usr/adm/syslog

innstart: inndstart can't bind address alread in use.

what does this mean, comments please to

2. fax problem

4. Stopping telnet logins

5. Newbie question about "Listen" and "Bind address"

6. FreeBSD Box almost back up and running

8. "connect" between "bind" and "listen"

10. How to avoid "Can't bind local address" - Help please

11. I'm getting a "could not bind address" error