Can't find module char-major-5, sound busy no /dev/sequencer nor synth0

Can't find module char-major-5, sound busy no /dev/sequencer nor synth0

Post by . » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Modprobe cannor find these
char-major-5
block-major-30 thru 38
synth0

What exactly are they? I think a character set and a block device but what?

I really could use some help here. I have been wracking my brain trying to get
all these things solved.

I use RH6.1 upgraded from 5.2 - my awe32 will not detect but can play the sound
under sndconfig until it goes to the second test.

1. appletalk+ipx modules & "can't locate module char-major-10-135"

Hi!

My RedHat 5 box only uses tcp/ip but starts complaining if I don't compile
the appletalk and ipx modules, if they are present they are loaded altough
nothing needs them, they just "float around" all the time...

appletalk       4       0 (autoclean)
ipx             3       0 (autoclean)

Is this normal or just a setup error?

Another module error syslog reports:
modprobe: can't locate module char-major-10-135

Why is it trying to load this?

TIA
  Boris

2. Hit Man

3. sound problem: /dev/sequencer not found

4. (E)IDE CD-ROM problems with SCO OpenServer

5. BSD with a ISP that uses DHCP

6. gimp and xscanimage: cannot find module char-major-81

7. IPX

8. module char-major-81-1 not found

9. (Q) "can't locate module char-major-108"

10. modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-135

11. "Can't locate module char-major-10" Error

12. Capi Fehler: Can't locate module char-major-68