Epson printer in WordPerfect for Linux

Post by Joe Fun » Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:00:00

How can I setup my Epson Stylist 400 printer in WordPerfect for Linux?
Please help.

Joe Fung

Post by Norman Jorda » Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> How can I setup my Epson Stylist 400 printer in WordPerfect for Linux?
> Please help.

> Joe Fung

After a thorough search of the Corel website, I found that they have a
driver for that printer for Word Perfect 6+7.  Since they used most of
those drivers in Word Perfect 8, you can use it.

--
Norman Jordan -- Electrical Engineering Student
The Linux Resource Center

Epson printer in WordPerfect for Linux

Post by Rod Smi » Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> How can I setup my Epson Stylist 400 printer in WordPerfect for Linux?
> Please help.

1) It's "Stylus," not "Stylist."  This is vital for searching for drivers!
2) Is this the Stylus 400 or the Stylus Color 400?  The former is B&W
   only; the latter, as you might expect, is color.  They use different
   drivers.
3) If it's the Stylus 400, there's a driver on Corel's web site.  Go to
   http://www.corel.com/support/printerdrivers/index.htm, search for
   "Stylus," download the WP6 drivers, and see my web page for
   instructions on using them.
4) If it's the Stylus Color 400, the only way I know to get this to work
   is to print via a PostScript driver through a Ghostscript-driven
   printer queue.  That's described on my web page.

My web page on the topic is at:

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith/wpfonts.html

This address will be changing, probably sometime today.  The old address
will have a link to the new one for a while, though.

--
Rod Smith

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the digit and following word from my address to mail me

Post by Peter Bradle » Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> How can I setup my Epson Stylist 400 printer in WordPerfect for Linux?
> Please help.

> Joe Fung

Joe,

Have you set up your printer so that it prints PostScript files, or is it
set up as simply a text printer?  Could it print a web page, for
instance?

Write again if you don't know what I'm talking about.  I have an Epson
Stylus 400 which, after a _LOT_ of user group help, now works fine.

Peter

Post by Justin B Willough » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> [Posted and mailed]

>> How can I setup my Epson Stylist 400 printer in WordPerfect for Linux?
>> Please help.

> 1) It's "Stylus," not "Stylist."  This is vital for searching for drivers!
> 2) Is this the Stylus 400 or the Stylus Color 400?  The former is B&W
>    only; the latter, as you might expect, is color.  They use different
>    drivers.
> 3) If it's the Stylus 400, there's a driver on Corel's web site.  Go to
>    http://www.corel.com/support/printerdrivers/index.htm, search for
>    "Stylus," download the WP6 drivers, and see my web page for
>    instructions on using them.
> 4) If it's the Stylus Color 400, the only way I know to get this to work
>    is to print via a PostScript driver through a Ghostscript-driven
>    printer queue.  That's described on my web page.

I have a Epson Stylus Color 600. I have just been using WP6 driver for
Stylus Color. Seems to be working well. I think the file was wp60dm01.all.us

There FAQ was a real help for me when I was looking to see if I could add
other printer drivers to the Linux ver of WP.

- Justin

--
 _/_/_/_/_/_/   _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/    _/ Willoughby

 _/  _/ _/ _/     _/   _/     _/   _/  _/_/   http://www.nmc.edu/~willouj/
_/_/_/ _/__/ _/_/_/   _/   _/_/_/ _/    _/    -----  Jesus Is Lord  -----

Epson printer in WordPerfect for Linux

Post by Rod Smi » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

>> [Posted and mailed]

>>> How can I setup my Epson Stylist 400 printer in WordPerfect for Linux?
>>> Please help.
>> 4) If it's the Stylus Color 400, the only way I know to get this to work
>>    is to print via a PostScript driver through a Ghostscript-driven
>>    printer queue.  That's described on my web page.

> I have a Epson Stylus Color 600. I have just been using WP6 driver for
> Stylus Color. Seems to be working well. I think the file was wp60dm01.all.us

The ESC 600 is not the same beast as the ESC 400, though.  I've got the
400, and the drivers you speak of DO NOT work with it.  The 400 has very
stripped-down text capabilities and probably other limitations relative to
the 600, which is probably why id doesn't work with the generic ESC
driver.

Also, be aware that this driver is likely to produce poor resolution
relative to printing via a PostScript driver and Ghostscript.  I tried it
on an ESC 1520, and the difference was quite noticeable.

--
Rod Smith

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the "uce" word from my address to mail me