Ensoniq PCI Sound Card Configuration

Post by Frank Burker » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have some problems to set up my Ensoniq PCI sound card.
I'm running SuSE Linux 5.2 (kernel 2.0.33) on a Gateway GP6-400.

The sound device should be supported by the drivers provided
with the Linux distribution. But I cannot find the required
parameters to build the kernel. In order to build a new kernel
I would need the default settings for

 SoundScape MIDI I/O base
 SoundScape MIDI I/O IRQ
 SoundScape initialization DMA
 SoundScape audio I/O base
 SoundScape audio IRQ

Does anybody know it?

Thanks a lot!

 Frank

Post by Brion Vibbe » Wed, 01 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> I have some problems to set up my Ensoniq PCI sound card.
> I'm running SuSE Linux 5.2 (kernel 2.0.33) on a Gateway GP6-400.

This is probably the Ensoniq AudioPCI (it is in my G6-266), which is not
supported by the current kernel sound drivers. You can try the free
driver from http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~sailer/linux/pciaudio.html,
however it is experimental and may not work. If not try an evaluation
copy of the commercial OSS/Linux drivers from http://www.4front-tech.com

Ensoniq PCI Sound Card Configuration

Post by Thomas O'Re » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:57:52 -1000,

>Hi,

>I have some problems to set up my Ensoniq PCI sound card.
>I'm running SuSE Linux 5.2 (kernel 2.0.33) on a Gateway GP6-400.

The Ensoniq AudioPCI cards aren't supported by the kernel sound driver. You
can go get the OSS/Linux commerical drivers, which support the AudioPCI cards,
from 4Front Tech. at http://www.4front-tech.com/. It cost about $30. There is
a free driver in development,
(http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~sailer/linux/pciaudio.html), but it's not usable
yet.

-Tom

--
* Thomas O'Rear

*** http://www.radiks.net/tomed/
--------------------------------

Post by Brion Vibbe » Sun, 05 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>  There is
> a free driver in development,
> (http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~sailer/linux/pciaudio.html), but it's not usable
> yet.

It's usable, it just doesn't work very well yet. ;) Seems okay for Quake
but not much else works for me with it...

Post by John Davie » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> >  There is
> > a free driver in development,
> > (http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~sailer/linux/pciaudio.html), but it's not usable
> > yet.

> It's usable, it just doesn't work very well yet. ;) Seems okay for Quake
> but not much else works for me with it...

 does it play mp3's or cd's?

1. Ensoniq PCI Sound Card

I'm having a hell of a time configuring this sound card.  Anybody know
if it is even possible or where I can find tips because at this point
I'm trying outlandish stuff I don't even expect to work.  Thanks.

Saadiq
(keeping hope alive) ;-)
To reply take NO_JUNK out of the email address.
saadiqr AT princeton DOT edu

2. Ugly X :-(

3. Sound card problem: Ensoniq ES1371 audio PCI-97 chip set

4. dial-in server?

5. Ensoniq PCI sound card

6. Backup Exec with Linux

7. K56flex Fax/Modem, Ensoniq 32-bit PCI Sound Card

8. Pb Samba et NIS

9. sound card problems ( Ensoniq Ausio PCI)

10. Creative/Ensoniq PCI 1371 sound card on SuSe 6.1

11. PCI Video (Riva 128) and PCI Sound (Ensoniq) Linux Problem

12. No sound from Ensoniq es1371 sound card