"~" with vim ??

Post by Ed Bra » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:15:03

Hellu,

Does someone know how to configure vim that it doesn't create a file with
the same name and the "~" character at the end, when you edit a file  ?
(quite enjoying euhhhh)

Why is this by the way ??

Regards,
Ed Bras

"~" with vim ??

Post by Peter T. Breue » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:43:25

> Does someone know how to configure vim that it doesn't create a file with
> the same name and the "~" character at the end, when you edit a file  ?
> (quite enjoying euhhhh)

turn off backup? set nobackup? A  wild guess.

Quote:> Why is this by the way ??

Backups? Surely every editor since time immemorial has done that.
But my vim certainly doesn't .. it puts its safe copy in /var somewhere.

Peter

"~" with vim ??

Post by Ed Bra » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:13:48

Thanks Peter,

Ed