What is "Error 0X10" after booting with Slackware Release?

What is "Error 0X10" after booting with Slackware Release?

Post by Bartholomew Sieme » Mon, 22 May 1995 04:00:00

I had the Mini-Linux release installed on my computer and it was
working without a hitch. I decided that I wanted to partition my drive
and put the Slackware Linux release on one of the partitions.

I downloaded Slackware and made both boot and root disks without any
error messages. When I FIP'd (can I use that as a verb?), I received a
warning at the end that there may be a virus. Mcafee virus checker
told me that I had no viruses. I FDISK'd from DOS to delete the second
Primary DOS partition and left it totally empty. Booting into DOS
tells me that I haven't lost any data.

When I tried to boot Linus from the floppy I received the cryptic
message "Error 0X10". I've tried to change the boot params to no
avail. I haven't seen a listing of Error codes anywhere in my manuals
(neither online or hardcopy).

Could someone either point me to a list of error codes or tell me what
this might mean? BTW, I'd really like both.

Bartholomew

Post by Bartholomew Sieme » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

>When I tried to boot Linus from the floppy I received the cryptic
>message "Error 0X10". I've tried to change the boot params to no
>avail. I haven't seen a listing of Error codes anywhere in my manuals
>(neither online or hardcopy).
>Could someone either point me to a list of error codes or tell me what
>this might mean? BTW, I'd really like both.

This error message has been resolved by reformatting my boot disk.

Bartholomew

1. Linux Newbie Q-LILO boot from FDD states "Error 0x10"-HELP!

I installed Red Hat 5.2 without a hitch(?-none I am aware of)
My system is hda1 - WinNT 4 NTFS part. 3Gig
                       hda5 - / part. 1Gig
                       and the swap part.

Upon initial boot using the LILO floppy, "Loading Linux" failed and stated
"Error 0x10"

Pls. HELP!

Marc Rickabaugh

2. install problem with LinuxPPC 2k & cdrom

4. Quake 2 sound problems ( AWE32 )

6. pingable, but can't ping

7. "syslogd: unknown priority "24" " error - won't boot!

8. Solaris 7 Performance on Sparc2

9. "bare" bootdisk gives error 0x10

10. "Error 0x10" while Loading Linux...

11. "Error 0x10" : What does it mean?

12. Install SuSE on a 486---Getting "Error 0x10"

13. Linux "error 0x10"