Need help setting up Linux on Win 95 machine.

Post by Tom Garrit » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Ok here is the deal I have a Slackware 96 CD and I am wondering
> how I would be able to start Linux from a DOS Start UP Menu or something
> similar to that. (Someone told me that LILO wasn't in Slackware) IF
> someone could help me out and give me some suggestions it would be very
> helpful if I could get some hints.  Thanks

Yes, LILO is included w/ Slackware--at least on my version...  If it's
not you can download it (FTP) from somewhere--I can get the address if
you really need it.  Later, Steve

BTW: The other way to do it is to use a boot disk--the one that setup
will make for you--I use this method myself, b/c I run a HD Front-end
(my BIOS is too old to recognize a 1.62G HD), and don't want to risk
LILO...  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Post by Ride » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Ok here is the deal I have a Slackware 96 CD and I am wondering
how I would be able to start Linux from a DOS Start UP Menu or something
similar to that. (Someone told me that LILO wasn't in Slackware) IF
someone could help me out and give me some suggestions it would be very
helpful if I could get some hints.  Thanks

1. Network between Win 3.11/Win 95 machine and Linux machine

        The problem that I have is that I want to use internet stuff, and
other junk from my linux machine, but my modem is on the WIN 3.11 machine.
Currently I am running a network when both computers are w\running
workhgroups and this works well, but due placement of phone lines, I can't
get a connection to the room where the linux machine is. It is the superior
machine as well, so obviously this would be advantagious.
        Put shortly

        I want to link my linux computer to my windows 3.11 computer and
running use the internet.  And if possible the printer (HP 540).

Thanks in advance
Please mail responses to

Thanks

2. Western Digital WD7193

3. Need Help Installing Linux on a Win 95 Machine

4. Corrupted Filesystem * IDEAS *

5. Help needed with Motorola 28.8 modem - Win'95 better than linux???

6. Is Solaris a RTOS?

7. Need help on communicating Linux with Win 95/NT

8. Hard Drive Mirroring for Unix

9. Win 95 machine - installing Linux?

10. Installing Linux on Win 95 machine

11. Installing Linux on Win '95 machine?

12. Conecting a Win 95 machine to a Linux Box

13. How do I export a linux directory to a Win 95 machine?