Mandrake 7.1 and D link DE-220 network cards

Mandrake 7.1 and D link DE-220 network cards

Post by CMA » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

is the ne module installed ?
are all the packages for ethernet networking installed ?
check your card with the dlink 'diag' on the setup disk...

> Ok, I give up - I spent the better part of 5 hours screwing around
> trying to get Linux to recognize the DE220 card with no luck.
> I read piles of how-to's and checked the deja archives (seems like
> these cards give everyone problems) but no go.

> This is my first Linux step and I just installed the thing so anything
> 'obvious' isn't really obvious .....

> Here is what I have done:
> I have disabled PNP on the DE220 and set i/o (300) and irq (12).
> I have disabled the pnp bios on the computer
> I have edited the /etc/conf.modules file and appended two lines as
> below:
> alias eth0 ne
> options ne io=0x300 irq=12

> I re-booted (btw, every once in a while my mouse becomes almost stuck
> when I reboot or get to the login screen - any ideas ?)

> When I run linuxconf and enable the first network adapter and set it
> to DHCP I get a message saying the device isn't there.
> When I run th ehardware setup (drakeconf ??) I do not show a network
> card

> When I run lsmod I do not see the ne module loaded
> if I do a modprobe eth0 and then another lsmod I see the ne module
> unused but module 8390 is used by ne  ?????

> If I run ifconfig eth0 I see the right i/o, irq and it's seeing the
> mac address.

> I am totaling in the dark as to what to try next. I haven't got a clue
> what I am doing under Linux.

> HEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP !!!!!!! <ripping out my hair>

> Jens

> machine with internet sharing turned on. From reading some of the
> comments in deja, it appears that I can't use the built-in internet
> sharing of win2k (nat router) to give the Linux box access to the
> internet. Is this true ???? Why would win2k care ?

1. D-Link DE-220 Network Card

    Can anyone help me figure out or at least point me in the right
direction(IE a URL) as to how I can get my D-Link DE-220 Card detected and
setup under a Linux Mandrake 6.1 dist. system.  I have already used the
driver provided by D-Link that will disable the PNP mode on the card.  Any
hints? :)

2. Setting IP DF bit in Solaris 2.4

3. setuid() questions

4. D-Link DE-220 TCP/IP Networking Problem RH 5.2

5. Microsoft SQL Server from BSD

6. D-Link DE-220 eth0 card help needed.

7. sleep question

8. TCP/IP SETUP with D-Link (DE-220) card

9. support for D-Link DE-220

10. d-link DE-220 PCT driver / module for linux

11. D-Link DE-220 Support?

12. RedHat 4.1 with D-link DE-220