Panasonic interface for cd-rom

Post by Kolesnik Denni » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

    If anyone know, how I can install Panasonic interface for cd-rom in
RedHat 5.0

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>    If anyone know, how I can install Panasonic interface for cd-rom in
>RedHat 5.0

There should be something in the the linux Documentation/cdrom
directory about sbpcd.  For more see sbpcd.h.  In fact you might try
'insmod sbpcd' and see if it will finds your CD automatically
(assuming you are using a drive made for that interface).

I just resurrected my old machine with Teac CD that uses that
interface.  But I forget how to have the sbpcd module load
automatically when iso9660 is referenced by mount.

David Efflandt/Elgin, IL USA

1. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

        Hi, I just bought the Linux from Nascent CD-ROM and have been attempting
to install it on my 486DX2/66 machine.  I have a cardex SVGA card using a
Cirrus chipset and 1 meg of video ram.  I have 16 megs of 60-ns memory.  I also
have a local bus IDE hard drive controller (32-bit) running two 340-meg
western digital hard drives.  Oh, the video is local bus, too.  I also have
an IOMEGA floptical drive, as well as the almost expected 3.5" and 5.25"
floppies.  I also have a Soundblaster 16 sound card that is driving my CD-drive,
the setup that comes together in a multimedia pack, I forget the exact name,
but it is a fairly standard one.  It is a Panasonic cd-drive by the way.
A panasonic 54- something I think.  When I boot and root my way into Linux,
It won't mount my cd-drive.  Since the program files are all on CD, that
means I can't install.  I followed the instructions for fixing this problemm
in the manual, i.e. "mknod /dev/sbpcd b 25 0"
                    "ln -fs /dev/sbpcd /dev/cdrom"
This looked fine, but when I rebooted, Linux still wouldn't mount my drive.
I even tried getting new root and boot images via anonymous FTP and rawrite.
No dice.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Van Camp

2. Which is the fastest way to send small packages of data ??

3. Matsushita/panasonic CD-ROM via SB interface

4. Did anybody compile Glade in Solaris?

5. Panasonic interface CD-ROM problem: matcdc0 not found at 0x230

6. >> Same modem for Dial in and Dial out <<

7. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

8. O(1) patch for 2.4.20-pre (?)

9. Panasonic CD-532 CD-ROM: Problem Child?

10. Adaptec 1520i with Panasonic CD/PD drive and 4x Oak CD-ROM install HELP!!

11. Infomagic CD installation, panasonic CD-rom mount error

12. Panasonic CD-503 SCSI CD-ROM drive support

13. Audio CD Player interface for SB-PRO interface + Panasonic CDROM?