HELP! Can't load Slackware bootdisks

Post by Bruce E Park » Sun, 24 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I'm in trouble.

I only have a floppy drive.

I downloaded a bootdisk for my system off cdrom.com, 3 times.
I made sure mode was binary.

I tried aha152.s twice and scsi.s once.

I copied the above to 1.44M floppy twice, once with dd, and
once with RAWRITE. The disks come formatted, but I formatted
it again.

All cases, the bootdisk loads OK, get the "boot:" prompt,
hit return, the word "lilo" flashes on the screen (I do use
lilo?),

get a "Loading ramdisk"...
then a "uncompressing Linux..."

then "crc error"
then "System halted"

and my computer locks up.

With the disk written with RAWRITE I get "Illegal compresssion..."
or something like that.

I would really appreaciate any help you can give me.

bruce.
---

1. HELP! Can't load Slackware bootdisks

[...]

2. Socket's that "hang" and then timeout.

3. Slackware bootdisk boots but Linux bootdisk won't!

4. Cookies w/ Apache - How to set from C/C++ program?

5. Help - Bootdisk won't load

6. AFS help.....

7. My Bootdisk won't boot; can't load /libc.so.4 ???

8. Real time clock in shell

9. can't load library 'libgdbm.so.2' with Slackware 3.0 installation

10. Can't make Slackware bootdisks

11. Can't make Slackware bootdisk with newer kernels

12. Bootdisk won't boot:Slackware 3.1.0