reformat hard drive to change back to windows

reformat hard drive to change back to windows

Post by <rbl.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I would like to reformat the hard drive that is presently running Redhat
Linux so I can load windows 98 on my computer and remove Redhat. Does
anyone know how to?

reformat hard drive to change back to windows

Post by Tracy William » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Boot into Linux with the RedHat boot disk and go through the install.  When it
comes to the section about partitioning the drives, just go into disk druid or
fdisk and remove the Linux partitions and save your changes.  You can now
reboot the machine using a win9x boot disk and run fdisk to set up the windows
partitions.  Format the disk and you should be ready to go.

Tracy

>I would like to reformat the hard drive that is presently running Redhat
>Linux so I can load windows 98 on my computer and remove Redhat. Does
>anyone know how to?

>--

reformat hard drive to change back to windows

no don't do it.  don't return to the dark side.

Post by Rod Roar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I would like to reformat the hard drive that is presently running Redhat
>Linux so I can load windows 98 on my computer and remove Redhat. Does
>anyone know how to?

It's not possible.  Linux has been engraved permanently onto your
hard drive.  Best bet is to install VMWare.

:-)

-- Rod
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                      and Custom Software

1. Should I reformat my hard drive (was: Re: No ACCESS to my A: Drive)

If your A: drive works in DOS and not in Windows, then it must be a bug
in Windows.

It takes a Windows user 3 reformats to discover that they're headed in the
wrong direction.

It may take a Windows user MORE than 3 reformats to conclude futility.

Anthony Robbins defines insanity as repeating the same actions to get
different results.

_______
I don't have a problem with Windows users. I just have a problem when they
think M$ invented things, M$ made those things work together, or M$ don't
try to cheat on their taxes.

2. Error after upgrading from Redhat 5.1 to Redhat 5.2 : mount: can't find /proc in /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab

3. Reformatting hard drives

4. charactermapping on serial line for 2.5x86

5. VAIO PCG-R505GL - Reformatting Hard Drive

6. T1 Cards....

7. Reformatting Linux Hard Drive Partition to DOS format again

8. Phat Linux Installation

9. Howto reformat hard drive?

10. How to lock the bad sectors on the hard disk without reformatting the hard disk !!??

11. Reformatting a Linux Drive for Windows Use

12. Changing out hard drives to larger drives

13. Hard Disk problem- can't change the ext format back to fat format!