LILO boot to CD

Post by D.S. Hodgs » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can anyone tell me what are the correct LILO options to set it up  so
it will boot from the boot partition of a CD rom.

I have a machine whose BIOS won't boot from the CD.  I would like to
be able to tell LILO at the prompt to boot from the boot partition of
the CD.  The CD is on /dev/hdb/  What are the LILO config options for
this?

Many thanks,
David

1. LILO: Booting from CD-ROM (again)

Hi,

Anybody has ever configured lilo to boot an IDE ATAPI CD-ROM drive?
Running lilo gives the following error:
geo_query_dev HDIO_GETGEO (dev 0x1640): Invalid argument

The lilo.conf has the following lines for the CD-ROM:
other=/dev/hdd
  label=CDROM
  unsafe

A similar setup works for floppy disks. How can I make lilo to boot
any bootable CD-ROM? I should specify some geometry information or use
a different loader? The CD-ROM drive is the slave on the secondary
IDE interface (/dev/hdd).

To my previous post I got some informaition about:
a) how to burn bootable CD-ROMS
b) how to boot linux with lilo
I'm currenty not intrested in these.

Best regards,
        Zoltan Kolb

2. need help on dynamic loading of apache modules

3. Can lilo boot from CD?

4. Lilo hangs up after "LI"

5. LILO saved boot file /boot/boot.0301

6. solaris FAQ ftp site?

7. Boot CD from lilo

8. Upgrading SuSE 7.2 to KDE 2.2 - newbie

9. Ygg Fall CD LILO won't boot from hard drive

10. HELP !!! with SCSI cd-rom when lilo boot

11. Booting from CD-ROM with lilo.

12. HELP !!! with SCSI cd-rom when LILO boot

13. Problems with booting lilo with PCI CD-rom controller