Help: Trident 8400 PCI/AGP driver

Post by glmo.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I am looking for a  Linux driver for this Trident 8400 PCI/AGP card?. I
searched newsgroups, xfree86 and other sites, but I couldn't get any
information about this driver for Linux. I am rarely using Linux because
of this. Windows had no problem in detecting and installing the driver
for this card.

I would be happy if someone can at least point me to some links where I
can get the documentation for this chip. I couldn't find at Trident's
page.

Thanks,
Mohan.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP graphics apdapter?

I have a PCChips 585LMR motherboard with an embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP
graphics adapter (according to W98 system device list).  I am running a dual
boot with W98 and Mandrake 7.1.  Unfortunately, all the embedded devices on
this mother board work fine in Linux, except for the graphics adapter.  The
best I can get is 640x480 resolution out of it.  Have tried emailing support
at both PCChips and Tridentmicro; without response.  Does anyone know
anything about this graphics adapter.  I am starving for any info at
all.
Thanks in advance.
Wes

2. X25 cards under Linux ???

3. Trident 8400 AGP

4. 43p ethernet questions

5. How to Install Display Driver for PC Chips M585 (Trident 8400)????

6. basename with variable suffixes

7. Trident 8400 driver for XFree86/Linux

8. mount_pcfs

9. driver for trident 8400 w/9430 dgi chipset

10. X-Window and Trident 8400 Help Pleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee!!!

11. X Server for Trident 8400 chipset

12. Trident 8400 Graphics adapter

13. X-Windows and Trident 8400