HELP!!!!!!

Post by SiliconSma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

grrrrr
I went out and bought mandrake today because I couldnt install it from the
HD.
Now it still locks up at scsi installation.
I never get asked an option it just freezes mouse and all.
sometimes it freezes at second stage install
you know were it loads the ram drive right before the gui instalation?
text based installation fails at the second part of install as well.
I cant install this dang OS no way no how.
What would make it hang????
And is there a way to get around it?
If not is there anyway to run a different setup program.
Thanx

SiliconSmaq

HELP!!!!!!

Post by Jim » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

What make and model is your controller?  If its a DPT, go to
their support page.  They have custom images available for
linux.

--
Jim Harback
www.GlobalLinux.com

P.S. Feel free to email me direct if you have problems.

HELP!!!!!!

Post by SiliconSma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

DPT?
And which controller are you refering to?
I finally installed it onto the hardrive I want via another computer.
I put it in this one and it boots to found new hardware and asks me what to
do.
If i add in the new graphics card wich is a trident 9680 that is supported
by linux.
it freezes at "please wait configureing xwindows"
If I dont it will boot to x but my screen is blank.
wich I knew would happen.
So im thinking its something to do with the card or motherboard.
Ive even tryed different ram and bios settings.
I get this on boot when it fails to enter the add new hardware installer.
" /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/s05kudzu  : line 46  :  158  segmentation fault
/usr/sbin/s05kudzu             -t  30  "
it also gives me a segmentation fault sometimes when i was trying to install
it with this computer.
Please help thanx

SiliconSmaq

>What make and model is your controller?  If its a DPT, go to
>their support page.  They have custom images available for
>linux.

>> grrrrr
>> I went out and bought mandrake today because I couldnt install it from
the
>> HD.
>> Now it still locks up at scsi installation.
>> I never get asked an option it just freezes mouse and all.
>> sometimes it freezes at second stage install
>> you know were it loads the ram drive right before the gui instalation?
>> text based installation fails at the second part of install as well.
>> I cant install this dang OS no way no how.
>> What would make it hang????
>> And is there a way to get around it?
>> If not is there anyway to run a different setup program.
>> Thanx

>> SiliconSmaq

>--
>Jim Harback
>www.GlobalLinux.com

>P.S. Feel free to email me direct if you have problems.

HELP!!!!!!

Post by Russ.Sha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Select 'expert' install mode, and select 'don't probe for pci/scsi' etc.

There's a note on the mandrake site about it.

> grrrrr
> I went out and bought mandrake today because I couldnt install it from the
> HD.
> Now it still locks up at scsi installation.
> I never get asked an option it just freezes mouse and all.
> sometimes it freezes at second stage install
> you know were it loads the ram drive right before the gui instalation?
> text based installation fails at the second part of install as well.
> I cant install this dang OS no way no how.
> What would make it hang????
> And is there a way to get around it?
> If not is there anyway to run a different setup program.
> Thanx

> SiliconSmaq

*   Russell Shaw, B.Eng, M.Eng(Research)  *
*   Electronics Consultant                *

*      Australia                          *