XF86Config for ATI Rage + Gateway EV310 monitor

XF86Config for ATI Rage + Gateway EV310 monitor

Post by atul_nar.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I tried to make the XF86Config86 file using Xconfigurator. Gateway's
EV310 monitor is not on the default list, so I chose "Custom
Install", but Xconfigurator complains that the video ram cannot be
accessed. What could be going wrong here? The details are:

Linux version = RedHat 6.1
Video card = ATI Rage 128 GL AGP 1X/2X
Monitor = Gateway EV 310

Appreciate any help. If you happen to have an XF86Config for this
hardware, I would sure be glad to have it.

Thanks!

Atul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by S. Par » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I tried to make the XF86Config86 file using Xconfigurator. Gateway's
> EV310 monitor is not on the default list, so I chose "Custom
> Install", but Xconfigurator complains that the video ram cannot be
> accessed. What could be going wrong here? The details are:

> Linux version = RedHat 6.1
> Video card = ATI Rage 128 GL AGP 1X/2X
> Monitor = Gateway EV 310

> Appreciate any help. If you happen to have an XF86Config for this
> hardware, I would sure be glad to have it.

> Thanks!

> Atul

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

ATI Rage 128 is supported in XFree86 3.3.6 or later. If you didn't
upgrade X yourself, you have to upgrade to XFree86 3.3.6 (or later) or
Red Hat 6.2 which includes 3.3.6.
Regards.