ACE DoubleFlashPlus Flash Cards with Linux and pcmcia-cs-2.8.17

ACE DoubleFlashPlus Flash Cards with Linux and pcmcia-cs-2.8.17

Post by Kevin For » Mon, 04 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone have one of these cards working with this package yet?  I
installed 2.8.15 several months ago, but was never able to get it to
recognize my DoubleFlashPlus 20/40 MB flash card that I use in my HP
200LX.  This is a Type II Card, and says it's manufactured by IBM for
ACE Technologies (the Vendor).

Help anyone?  All I need to know is if somebody has managed to get
this card to be recognized or not, and if so, just a few pointers on
how you did it since the package did not recognize the card with the
package's default setup.

Thanks!

 Plan ahead.  Promote swift colonization of the solar system...  *First*
__________________

Every program has two purposes -- one for which it was written and
another for which it wasn't.

_______________________
____________Kevin S Ford__________

1. Q: pcmcia-cs-2.8.17 /dev/audio not working

When I compiled a kernel 1.2.13 with SoundBlaster support, /dev/audio
worked fine.  Since I changed the system configuration, pcmcia services 2.8.8
complained about wrong version.  I decided to recompile it using the
newest version 2.8.17.  After compiling and installing, pcmcia services
loaded up fine BUT now /dev/audio is not working issuing:

Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

I do hear the start of the .au file but then it gives this error.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

-Ellery

--
Segmentation fault (core dumped): cannot find file '.signature'

2. How to install Trident driver - Answered

3. IDE Booting from Flash - Positive report: Adton PCMCIA Card Drive - PCMCIA vs. Compact Flash

4. bootting linux

5. Hawking Wireless PCMCIA card / pcmcia-cs

6. ISDN?

7. PCMCIA Flash Card *need direction past PCMCIA howto*

8. X Locks up; Hell PR rep says, 'Its getting cold down here'

9. Linux kernel PCMCIA linear flash memory card fix

10. Linux boot from PCMCIA flash memory card.

11. ? how make linux boot from pcmcia flash memory card.

12. Linux and Flash Ram PCMCIA cards

13. ?how to make linux boot from PCMCIA flash memory card