fips and filesystem type 44h

Post by Victor Zand » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 00:46:18

    I recently had a problem using fips 2.0 to repartition a Windows98
partition.  fips reported:

    Error: Unknown file system 44h

    Through several deja.com and web searches I found several
instances of other people with the same problem, but no solutions.  I
eventually figured it out, so I'm reporting here to hopefully spare
others the same grief.

    The problem was a software package installed on the Windows
partition called GoBack.  This program lets you take your disk "back
in time".  It appears to modify the underlying filesystem, and
accordingly it changes the filesystem type from the standard Windows
type to 44h.

    You can fix the problem by DISABLING GoBack before you run fips.
Disabling it will restore the filesystem type to something fips
understands.  You can disable GoBack through the GoBack user interface
(there is a button clearly marked "disable" somewhere).  It is not
necessary to uninstall GoBack.

1. FIPS 1.5 problem - File Type 0Eh

Help!

I am trying to re-partition my _new_ hard disk with FIPS 1.5;
I am getting a FIPS error on the file type my Windows 95 hard drive
(0Eh).  FIPS flags this as an error, and quits.  Is this filetype
supported by FIPS yet?

Thanks in advance (I'm here at 3:30am PST)
Steve

2. Epson C40UX USB

3. FIPS doesn't recognize WIN95 partition type

4. Any editors easier than VI?

5. fips can not deal with FAT32 extended(type 0x0F)?

6. fetchmail flushing and not

7. FIPS 1.5 error - partition type 0Eh ?

8. Subject: Problems loading drivers

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. FIPS 1.5 error with partition type 0Eh !

11. FIPS 12 and "Invalid media type reading drive D"

12. FIPS fails reporting filesystem

13. Linux + W95 --> FIPS Unknown Filesystem: 0Bh