Securing FTP...

Post by Marcelo I » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I am reading over "man ftpd" and "man ftpaccess" and I still can't
figure out how to acomplish what I want to do.
It is supposed to be really simple.
I would like to have it so that when a user (with valid username and
password) connects to the ftp server he cannot change directories into
higher levers (he cannot leave the /home/username tree).

Also if possible I would like other users which are more trusted to be
able to chdir into anywhere...

How?

Thanks
Marcelo

1. Secure ftp, ftp over stunnel og ftp-ssl.

Hi.

I'm looking for a secure way to offer ftp services to my users. Many users
have asked for the ftp-service, but since it will be the only uncryptated
service on my server i have refused to set it up.

Is there any way to use stunnel or any other app to cryptate the
control-connection of the ftp? cryptating data isn't the most important in
this scenario, but i need to make passwords and usernames unavailable in
regards of sniffing etc.

Can someone please help.
A few pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

2. rts/cts on ttyp*

3. use of secure and non secure FTP on the sme server

4. Default GNU linker directories.

5. secure - non secure ftp on two NIC's

6. Netfinity 5000, aha-7895, Linux

7. ftp or secure ftp ?

8. Server-side include macro language from Virtuflex

9. secure ftp

10. securing ftp users

11. Any secure ftp protocol?

12. Secure ftp ste how-to

13. Looking for a secure FTP server/client