Adaptec 2940AU problem

Post by Beat Zahn » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello

I use an Adaptec 2940AU SCSI-Host on my Linux Box with RedHat-Linux 5.0

All works well but when I reboot the machine, it hangs when he should
detect the SCSI-Devices. I use also WinNT on this machine and there is
no problem. Only when I reboot from Linux it hangs.

Beat Zahnd
Engineering School Biel
Switzerland

1. Adaptec 2940AU problems

I recently purchased an Adaptec 2940AU adapter for my system and am
having problems getting Linux to see it. I am using the Adaptec 2940
boot diskette but it does not report my SCSI setup.  I have a quantum
3.2 GB Ultra SCSI-3 drive hooked up to the 2940.  I also have a Mitsumi
12x IDE CD-ROM drive hooked to the M/B. Does the standard 2940 boot disk
support the 2940AU? I didn't see any mention of it. I am using a Pentium
Pro 180 on the Intel Venus M/B. 64MB RAM, and a SoundBlaster 32PnP. Is
this not going to work?

Jared

2. Linux Tape drives

3. accelx and xdm

4. Problem with Adaptec 2940AU

5. ip-masq

6. Problem with adaptec 2940AU and HP Brio

7. Reconfiguring/recompiling the kernel

8. problems with ADAPTEC 2940AU

9. Problem with PCI and Adaptec 2940AU

10. Adaptec 2940AU/SyJet boot problem

11. Adaptec AHA-2940AU problem

12. Boot problems with Red Hat Linux and Adaptec 2940AU