! NCR 53c810 SCSI card, TeraSys Magneto-Optical Drive: no access

! NCR 53c810 SCSI card, TeraSys Magneto-Optical Drive: no access

Post by Georges » Sun, 09 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

        I have the hardware mentioned in the subject line and can't
use the M.O. drive.
        Both are correctly recognized, as the kernel (1.3.81) gives me
the following log:

scsi-ncr53c7,8xx : at PCI bus 0, device 11,  function 0
scsi-ncr53c7,8xx : NCR53c810 at memory 0xf3fff000, io 0xe400, irq 11
scsi0 : burst length 8
scsi0 : NCR code relocated to 0x8c5fc (virt 0x0008c5fc)
scsi0 : test 1 started
scsi0 : NCR53c{7,8}xx (rel 17)
scsi : 1 host.
scsi0 : target 1 accepting asynchronous SCSI
scsi0 : setting target 1 to asynchronous SCSI
  Vendor: FUJITSU   Model: M2512A            Rev: 1507
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 01
scsi : detected total.

        I've tried to format with mke2fs and mount MS-DOS formatted
floppy, but I have always have:

open: No such device while trying to determine size of /dev/sda

        and

mount: /dev/sda is not a block device

        on every /dev/sd* files.

        I've read the SCSI-HOWTO about this kind of problems and use
MAKEDEV, etc... but it's still the same...

        Thanks for help !

        G.

PS: the system works under Windows 95, so it shouldn't be a hardware
problem.
--

1. How to Access Magneto-Optical Drive?

Hi Solaris gurus:

We recently bought a MaxOptix Tahiti III Magneto-Optical disk drive.
I installed it on a Sparc Classic running Solaris 2.3. In order to
use the optical platters (650 Mb each side), I had to first create a
filesystem on each side and then mount it. But here is the problem.
In order to do this, I have to be root. However I want other users on this
system to use the magneto-optical drive as a filesystem as well, if they
bring their own optical platters. I know this can be done on NeXT computers,
where the optical disk is removable by each user.

Does anyone have a script or better still a GUI based tool to automatically
create a file system and mount it without having to be root on the system?

Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Krishna Iyer
University of Pennsylvania

2. Linux as a Network Computer

3. SCSI Magneto-Optical Drive Supported?

4. cannot connect to http server

5. Solaris driver to access Magneto-Optical disc

6. 10/100mbps cards

7. Q: 2.4: "no such device" messages when accessing a Magneto-Optical device

8. Wierd Compilers

9. Magneto-optical drive as file system

10. Magneto-optical Drives

11. Magneto-Optical drives ??

12. EIDE magneto-optical drives and Linux

13. [Q}: Using Magneto-Optical drive with Solaris 2.2???