NETIQUETTE - The forgotten art

Post by Matt Kresse » Sat, 13 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I think all the newbies out there need to look at these links:

http://ftp.sunet.se/ftp/pub/Internet-documents/doc/netiquette/netique...

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/index.html

http://www.abacon.com/compsite/conversation/netiquette.html

etc...

I think people need to revisit these documents!

--

+---------  Northrop Grumman Corporation, Bethpage, NY ---------+
+---------  TEL: (516) 346-9101 FAX: (516) 346-9740 ------------+

Post by Patrik Magnuss » Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:00:00

|> I think all the newbies out there need to look at these links:
|>
|> http://ftp.sunet.se/ftp/pub/Internet-documents/doc/netiquette/netique...
|>
|> http://www.albion.com/netiquette/index.html
|>
|> http://www.abacon.com/compsite/conversation/netiquette.html
|>
|> etc...
|>
|> I think people need to revisit these documents!

I assume the reason you wrote this was because you were
annoyed with people wanting answers to go to their email?
For your purposes, the above sites were pretty bad examples.
Those sites agree that if you post a question to a discussion
group, you *should* indeed request replies to go to your email.
(You then post a summary of the useful answers.)

I realize that the veteran users of this newsgroup would prefer
the opposite so I'll keep posting my replies here. But it has
to be said that this list could do with a lot less "Re :Lilo".

|> +---------  Northrop Grumman Corporation, Bethpage, NY ---------+
|> +---------  TEL: (516) 346-9101 FAX: (516) 346-9740 ------------+

(Guess my occupation)

1. NETIQUETTE - The forgotten art

I think all the newbies out there need to look at these links:

http://ftp.sunet.se/ftp/pub/Internet-documents/doc/netiquette/netique...

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/index.html

http://www.abacon.com/compsite/conversation/netiquette.html

etc...

I think people need to revisit these documents!

-Matt

--

+---------  Northrop Grumman Corporation, Bethpage, NY ---------+
+---------  TEL: (516) 346-9101 FAX: (516) 346-9740 ------------+

2. Silicon Graphics Iris 3130 Reliability

3. Netiquette

4. Disk fragmentation

5. An apology-Netiquette about Network Professionals Resource Center

6. FYI: Sun Studio 10 compiler is provided free for OpenSolaris participants.

7. Advice on Netiquette needed.

8. FS warning

9. Erik Funkenbusch violates usenet netiquette (was can't use Outlook Express)

10. REPOST: Re: Help! Netcop spamming rec.arts.comics.misc (was Re: FS: Gen 13 #34 Art Adams variant -- NEW!)

11. Help! Netcop spamming rec.arts.comics.misc (was Re: FS: Gen 13 #34 Art Adams variant -- NEW!)

12. New Version: Art of Assembly (Linux Edition) Available

13. ANNOUNCE - Aview 1.1 - an ascii art image browser (less broken version)