Reformatting Linux Hard Drive Partition to DOS format again

Post by Doug Coope » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Hi!  I screwed up in trying this out and want to know if I can reformat
>the Linux partition to a DOS format again.  I looked at the FAQ and
>did not see this mentioned.  Is there a way to accomplish this????

I'm assuming what you want to do is take an existing (possibly hosed)
Linux partition, and reformat it so you can use it for dos.

If so, it's pretty easy, run FDISK, and delete the offending parition,
then create a new partition to replace it, then format from DOS.

Post by WILFORD STEVENS » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi!  I screwed up in trying this out and want to know if I can reformat
the Linux partition to a DOS format again.  I looked at the FAQ and
did not see this mentioned.  Is there a way to accomplish this????

                                                Thanks in advance,

                                                Willie

1. Dual booting system; Windows2000 keep formatting linux partition to NTFS again and again

I'm using Red Hat 6 and windows 2000 professional.
GRUB is doing my dual booting.

It works fine right after when I set those up BUT during the last month
Windows was formatting Linux partition to NTFS 3 times.
I found that from windows and I see new volume has been added.
Then, of course, it's not bootable, since GRUB is no longer there.
I had  to reinstall Linux.

Does any one had similar problem?
-Kevin

2. determine shells

3. Automatically mount or remount EXT3 partitions with EXT2 when a laptop is powered by a battery?

4. Can I reformat an existing HFS partition to Linux format?

5. Compressing a directory structure with gzip

6. Should I reformat my hard drive (was: Re: No ACCESS to my A: Drive)

7. SCSI Wwestern Digital 71xx ??

8. Linux install from DOS partition on hard drive?

9. Linux install from Hard Drive corrupted my DOS partition

10. Reformatting/repartitioning DOS w/o affecting Linux-partition: Tips?

11. Please help! Linux partition reformat for DOS!

12. Disk Druid , mount hard drive, partitioning hard drive