lpc reports - no daemon present???

Post by ac » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Printing Problem to my Deskjet 520 thru parallel port.

lpc status reports that 'No Daemon Present'.

echo Test > /dev/lp1 works fine but
lpr test.txt just does nothing, except add to the spool directory.

What is going on???

ps -ax tells me that lpd is there.

Any help appreciated.
--
Nick Thomas
Software Developer

1. lpc reports 'no daemon present' ???

Hi,

Printing Problem to my Deskjet 520 thru parallel port.

lpc> status reports that 'No Daemon Present'.

echo Test > /dev/lp1 works fine but
lpr test.txt just does nothing, except add to the spool directory.

What is going on???

ps ax tells me that lpd is there but this is normal.

Any help appreciated.

Nick
--
Nick Thomas
Software Developer
Advanced Control Systems Ltd
WWW: http://www.advcontl.demon.co.uk

2. ISA slot detection on PCI systems?

3. questions about lpc - what does 'no daemon present' mean?

4. Linux as a router - HELP!

5. Urgent: "lpc stat" and "lpc stat lj02" gives different result

6. WM Motif

7. lpc couldn't start lpd daemon

8. Matrox Millenium 2mb pci card tips and hints needed

9. lpr lpc daemon probelm

10. lpq: No daemon present

11. Lpr -d file.dvi - no daemon present

12. Print setup problem: no daemon present

13. lpr: no daemon present