HELP with quota

Post by wong man f » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
I want to enable quota in my linux box (kernel ver. 2.0.0). After modified
/etc/fstab to look likes :
        /dev/hda1       /       ext2    defaults, userquota     1 1
, touch a file /quota.user, restarted the machine and then use the command :
        quotaon -vua
After that I tried to create quota for a user, myuser, by the command:
        edquota -u myuser
Then what I saw was this line :
        Quotas for user myuser:
in vi.
Could somebody tell me what I need to do from now on.

Thanks and Regards
Wong

HELP with quota

Post by Brian Stempe » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

writes:
|> Hello,
|> I want to enable quota in my linux box (kernel ver. 2.0.0). After modified
|> /etc/fstab to look likes :
|>   /dev/hda1       /       ext2    defaults, userquota     1 1
|> , touch a file /quota.user, restarted the machine and then use the command :
|>   quotaon -vua
|> After that I tried to create quota for a user, myuser, by the command:
|>   edquota -u myuser
|> Then what I saw was this line :
|>   Quotas for user myuser:
|> in vi.
|> Could somebody tell me what I need to do from now on.

Do you have quota support compiled into the kernel?  Are you
running quotacheck, then turning quota on? (via quotacheck -auvg,
quotaon -auvg)  Also, I think your /etc/fstab should have
usrquota, not userquota.  userquota may or may not work, but
usrquota is what I have seen in the (rather sparse)
documentation, and it works.

-Brian

Brian Stempel
Network Administration // Imagenet, Inc.

1. help with quota

Hello everybody. I need some help on how to use the quota package.
Does anybody know where I can find documentation on how to add and edit
users quotas? There's almost nothing said in package itself.

   Thank you                                  Arc C.

2. Accounting problem

3. Help with QUOTAs

4. How To Change CD IRQ/Port

5. Help with Quota software.. no info found

6. Help: can't mount HFS+ partition

7. Need Help w/ Quota

8. Looking for X docs

9. I need help with quota