Red Hat 5.1 and FAT32

Post by Henrik Lidbj?r » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

If I install Red Hat 5.1 with the pre-compiled kernel that comes with it
will I be able to mount FAT32-partitions?
That is, is the kernel that comes with RH5.1 compiled with FAT32-support
yet?

/Henrik

Red Hat 5.1 and FAT32

Post by Bob Scot » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> If I install Red Hat 5.1 with the pre-compiled kernel that comes with it
> - will I be able to mount FAT32-partitions?
> That is, is the kernel that comes with RH5.1 compiled with FAT32-support
> yet?

> /Henrik

  Yes, support is built into the standard 5.1 kernel.

1. Red Hat 5.1, fat32, and BIOS

Hi,

I've got Red Hat 5.1 and am going to install it on a 6.8GB FAT16 drive.  I'm
moving from a 4GB drive to the 6.8GB drive and want to be able to use LILO
to dual boot between linux and Win95.  If I make the Win95 partition FAT32
will I be able to mount it and read and write to it under Linux?  In the
Linux+Win95 mini-howto it said I couldn't, but the date on the howto was
from 1996 so I didn't know if newer kernels now supported fat32.

Also, anyone know if Dell's BIOS (ver A07) can access past the 1024 cylinder
limit for booting?  I'm trying to find out if I need to make a /boot
partition in the first 528 megs or not.

Thanks,

    Rob Thornton

2. Forced SIGPIPE generation?

3. Red Hat 5.0 vs. Red Hat 5.1

4. Sorry for writing in German !

5. Red Hat 5.1 and FAT32

6. Iptables checksum question

7. Red Hot Red Hat 5.1 Bundles

8. help: build a searchable knowledge base

9. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

10. Intel V2740 AGP and Red Hat linux 5.1 ???

11. SCSI not found in install - Adaptec 1522B PnP + Red Hat 5.1

12. Burning a Red Hat 5.1 CD under Windoze

13. Intalling Red Hat 5.1 with IWill Inition SCSI board