Another CD-ROM question

Post by R Britto » Sun, 07 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Perhaps this question has been answered...
I have an Aztech 268-thingy CD ROM drive connected to a secondary
IDE connector. How do I get Linux to recognize this this so that
I can save valuable space on my pitiful 420Mb hard drive?

Another CD-ROM question

Post by Nalin Dahyabh » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: Perhaps this question has been answered...
: I have an Aztech 268-thingy CD ROM drive connected to a secondary
: IDE connector. How do I get Linux to recognize this this so that
: I can save valuable space on my pitiful 420Mb hard drive?

If it's anything like the 468-thingy, you just need to add the parameter
"hdd=cdrom" to your boot line, either at your lilo prompt (or in its
config file) or however you load your kernel. My drive came preconfigured
to be the slave drive, even though there's no master on the second
interface (no hdc). This worked fine for me, but the system complained
about it, so I added "hdc=cdrom hdc=noprobe" in and it worked fine.

Good luck.

--

   http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nsdahya1/

Another CD-ROM question

Post by Stephen F. Mahe » Sun, 14 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Perhaps this question has been answered...
>I have an Aztech 268-thingy CD ROM drive connected to a secondary
>IDE connector. How do I get Linux to recognize this this so that
>I can save valuable space on my pitiful 420Mb hard drive?

You neeed to recompile.
I am runningf 1.1.73.
See the latest direction before you leave.
Stephen

Another CD-ROM question

Post by Schilo » Wed, 17 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: >
: >Perhaps this question has been answered...
: >I have an Aztech 268-thingy CD ROM drive connected to a secondary
: >IDE connector. How do I get Linux to recognize this this so that
: >I can save valuable space on my pitiful 420Mb hard drive?
: You neeed to recompile.
: I am runningf 1.1.73.
: See the latest direction before you leave.
: Stephen

If things don't work try to add 'cdrom=hdd' on the LILO prompt.

Bye,
Danny

1. NEC CD-ROM question

This is the response I got back from MacMillan (who distributes Linux Red
Hat) regarding my problems (see my other posts) w/ the kernel recognizing
my CD-ROM:

2. Newbie w/ RH 5.0

3. Linux 1.2.13/CD-ROM question...again ;={|}

4. Q: NE2100 and lance w/ Linux 1.0.9

5. IDE CD-ROM Question??

6. Starting Framereader from browser

7. Yggdrasil CD-ROM question

8. Canon BJC-240ex

9. Multi Disc CD-ROM questions

10. CD-ROM questions.

11. CD-ROM questions

12. CD-ROM question

13. Red Hat Install locks up at CD-ROM question