Newbie Question: Updating Corel kernel

Post by linuxroo.. » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 04:20:04

I'm looking at the Corel distribution for a new system that I'm getting
and see that it's based on kernel 2.2.  As a complete novice, how would
I go about upgrading the kernel manually?

Would I then have to re-install the distro?

Thanks.

Newbie Question: Updating Corel kernel

Post by GH » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 04:33:43

Get a new kernel package for debian (corel is made over a deb).

GH

Quote:>I'm looking at the Corel distribution for a new system that I'm getting
>and see that it's based on kernel 2.2.  As a complete novice, how would
>I go about upgrading the kernel manually?

>Would I then have to re-install the distro?

>Thanks.

1. Newbie: question about for kernel update for PCI NE2000 Redhat4.2

Hi everyone,
I am an absolute newbie on Linux (so I write this under Win) and a
have a problem to which I cannot find an answer. I borrowed a Redhat
4.2 cd and managed to install Redhat 4.2  and LILO. The problem is
that I need an updated kernel (redhat4.2 comes with 2.0.30) to get my
NIC working. The problem is that I download (under Win) an updated
kernel but it is over 2 MB, kernel-2_0_36-3_i386.rpm. I have not a
clue how to get this file on my linux partitions. (Where should I put
it anyway?)
How to solve the problem above?
Kind regards,
Maarten Sanders.
P.S. If possible I would like to receive a copy any answer also by
mail.

===========
sending mail? remove .nospam from my e-mail address

2. ***WANTED : SOURCE OF 4Mx4 RAM***

3. Kernel Update - Newbie Question

4. Wanted : printcap for EPSON STYLUS

5. Newbie Question re: updating kernel and getting ethernet running

6. MacOSX compile problem

7. Updating Corel Linux kernel

8. DCE on AIX

9. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

10. 2 newbie questions (Corel/KDM/Shell Scripts)

11. Corel Linux newbie question

12. Newbie question about Corel WordPerfect Suite

13. Newbie: Kernel updates