ZIP 250 Parallel

Post by Richard M. Rajche » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

How do I get a ZIP 250 drive to be recognized by Linux? I am running RH
5.2  Kernel 2.0.36.
I know there will have to be mounting and umounting of the drive to read
it but I can't seem to figure out how to get Linux to recognize it.

-JazzyRick

Coltrane is smooth as glass...but Parker will kick his ass.

ZIP 250 Parallel

Post by Kyle Dansi » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> How do I get a ZIP 250 drive to be recognized by Linux? I am running RH
> 5.2  Kernel 2.0.36.
> I know there will have to be mounting and umounting of the drive to read
> it but I can't seem to figure out how to get Linux to recognize it.

> -JazzyRick

> Coltrane is smooth as glass...but Parker will kick his ass.

Some people have had trouble with the zip drive and kernel 2.0.36
I would upgrade to kernel 2.2.4 and then install the IMM driver for the
Zip. In the newer versions of the kernel the IMM driver is part of the
standard release. It works very well I might add.
Get the new kernel at http://linuxhq.com/

Cheers
Kyle
Linux Rules     Iomega Zip Drive Mini - HOWTO
-
http://njtcom.com/dansie/zip-drive.html
                    or
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/ZIP-Drive.html

1. ZIP 250 Parallel probs

Hi all !

This has probably been asked a 100 times before but I'm
having problems getting RH6.2 to see a Zip 250 hanging off
a parallel port. Kern 2.2.14 is supposed to handle ZIPs on the
pport and Xconfigurator has setting for them but every time
I check and even recompile I get a message about the kernel
not seeing it as a block device and suggesting it as an insmod
driver.

As you can tell I'm new to Linux and am probably overlooking
something painfully obvious.

All help appreciated.......

--
Mal W.

2. XNTPD Problem: Local time is set to UTC not EST.

3. Iomega Zip 250 parallel port drive.

4. Secure snmpd.conf

5. zip 250 parallel again

6. problem with pthread_create on aix 4.2.0.0

7. Zip 250 Parallel Port

8. ET6000 mode settings - clock screwed up

9. Trying to install external Zip 250 (parallel) in debian

10. Please help: RedHat6.0 Iomega 250 Parallel Zip install and config

11. Parallel ZIP 250 + Plextor CD-RW

12. Linux newbie - help needed with parallel port ZIP 250 set up.