I have problem whith portmapper

Post by Riccardo Zampolin » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi, there:

Does anyone know why my linux don't work.
I have installed slackware 3.0.1 whith the kernel 2.0.9 and all went
good.
Some days i tried to install the yp but the system told me that there
was a problem whith the portmapper.
I can't no long start the rpc.portmap program because it says me "
address udp alredy in use".What happened?
I have tried to reinstall the tcpip but it is the same thing.
I have noticed that the syslogd too has problems because at the sistem
start it is not loaded and if i try to load it after it fails.
I have check the files services,inetd.conf,inittab and all the boot
files in the /etc/rc.d directory but all semms to be O.K.
Can somebody help me?

P.S I know that my english is not tooy good.

Dipartimento di Matematica - Universita' degli studi di Perugia
Via Vanvitelli, 1
Tel. ++39-75-585-5005
Fax  ++39-75-585-5024

1. Problems whith virtual host

Hi, my apache server is 1.3.1
        I try to use Name-based Virtual Hosts , we have a server
server.domain1.com which has 2 alias (CNAME) www.domain1.com and
www.domain2.com.
        I read the doc "Virtual Host examples for common setups " and try to
apply to my situation one IP address and 2 names.
------------------------
http.conf:
-----------
ServerName server.domain1.com

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
DocumentRoot /apache/www
ServerName www.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
DocumentRoot /apache/www/domain2
ServerName www.domain2.com
</VirtualHost>
-------------------------
I put nothing about virtual host in the srm.conf.

When i start apache, i have:
--------------
./apachectl start
VirtualHost configuration:
1.2.3.4:80      is a NameVirtualHost
                       default server www.domain1.com
 (/usr/local/apache_1.3.1/etc/httpd.conf:245)
                       port 80 namevhost www.domain1.com
(/usr/local/apache_1.3.1/etc/httpd.conf:245)
                       port 80 namevhost www.domain2.com
(/usr/local/apache_1.3.1/etc/httpd.conf:250)
./apachectl start: httpd started
------------------
So the namevirtualhost seems to work, everything is fine with the
domain1 but the domain2 has problems with the first page.

When i try with netscape 4 the url www.domain2.fr, i got the index.html
of the domain1 but not the images, because the images are search in the
documentroot of domain2.

When i try www.domain2.fr/index.html. everything is fine.

When i try with a client running on server.domain1.com everything is
fine.

????? any idea...

2. Help! How do I build a tulip ethernet driver under REDHAT ?

3. problem whith QIC scsi tape

4. PPP and FTP -- can't download a file?

5. **Please Help me i'm a beginner i have problems whith modem and sound card!**

6. RewriteRule possible for frame only?

7. Mouse Problem whith Xfree 3.12

8. SCO driver and FreeBSD

9. Problem whith Phillips cdrom

10. Still very Big problem whith Dual PPro!

11. Problems whith ntp server

12. Problem whith ALI M3145 (Chipset unknow)

13. Problem whith TCP/IP streams