linux with win95

Post by Ahsan Naqv » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi I am a newbie. I just wanna know if we can install linux and win95 on
same hard drive by partitioning. Pls tell me if we can do that.

linux with win95

Post by zonesee » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

yes you can.. you resize yur hd so that you have empty space and then you
make partitions on the empty space

> Hi I am a newbie. I just wanna know if we can install linux and win95 on
> same hard drive by partitioning. Pls tell me if we can do that.

linux with win95

Post by Charles Cla » Sun, 03 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi I am a newbie. I just wanna know if we can install linux and win95 on
>same hard drive by partitioning. Pls tell me if we can do that.

You bet: here's a link to the relevant HOWTO

http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Linux+Win95.html

Good luck,

1. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt

for some reason i can get my win95 box to see my linux samba server fine - no
problems at all.  but i can't get my linux server (the same one) to see my win95
box - really strange.  the linux server is slackware kernel 2.0.25 with the smb
compiled in, and i know this worked before, but it was kernel 2.0.24 i believe
last time it worked (it's been a while since i have tried it).  oh, and i had to
reinstall win95.

other win95 boxes see it fine also.
tia

--
anthony schroeder
computer guru for the 4H center

If you want anything done well, do it yourself. This is why most people
laugh at their own jokes. -Bob Edwards

2. CABLE MODEM CONNECTION

3. can't see Win95 shares through Linux to Win95 network

4. Printer Setup?

5. Linux & Win95 = Frozen Win95

6. CPSR #8: identd Denial of Service Attack

7. Caldera Linux: LILO win95 tag does not start win95

8. USB mouse under X

9. New to Linux, How can you make a dual boot of Linux and Win95?

10. Linux Linux+Win95 mini-HOWTO (part 1/1)

11. Substituting Linux for Win95 - "Linux for Morons"

12. Getting Linux Programs: Win95 to Linux -- Valid?

13. Linux and win95 on the same printer