Gnome and kde face to face!

Post by Alber » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
Which one is bette rkde or gnome?
Thanks

Gnome and kde face to face!

Post by Robert Shesk » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

->Hi,
->Which one is bette rkde or gnome?
->Thanks
That is one of those personal opinion things ;-). I am using kde in
Mandrake6 after trying gnome to find it too buggy and crash prone.
Using the exact same apps kde is solid although the graphics are fancier
with gnome. I thought the gnome problem could be enlightenment but switching
to windowmaker only helped a little. If you want real fancy and flaky try
gnome but for something you can work with reliably every day stick with kde.
--
Robert Sheskin

Replace "nospam" with "tidalwave" for email
ICQ 5788323
AIM RobertLS

Gnome and kde face to face!

Post by Shice Beon » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 18:44:18 -0400 in comp.os.linux.setup, Albert

Quote:>Hi,
>Which one is bette rkde or gnome?

Depends on your needs. That's kind of like saying "what is the best
car" or "how much would it cost me to have a website built." KDE's a
bit older, therefore a bit more "mature". However, I've seen a lot of
good Gnome apps (for instance: Gedit, a Gnome text editor, is
infinitely better than the default KDE text editor). BTW, just to
clarify, Gnome isn't a Window Manager, it's a set of libraries (needs
a separate Window Manager to work, like Enlightenment) and KDE isn't a
window manager either, although it does contain one, KWM.

Best bet is to try both of them.

--
"The night started off like any other, but this night was different. It was
the night... The Night Of The Cow!!!" -Bruce McCulloch, Kids In The Hall

Gnome and kde face to face!

Post by Theo van Nieker » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

KDE

Hi,
Which one is bette rkde or gnome?
Thanks

1. Zoltrix TV Max with Face to Face on Linux ...

Hi Linux Dudes:

Just did a search of DejaNews for Zoltrix TV Max card and Linux and didn't
get a bite.

Here is my question:

Zoltrix TV Max card runs nicely under W95 and is quite cheap (the tech
support sucks in Canada, 3D Micro won't even answer your e-mail even for
simple support questions).

Curious if anybody is building or has a Linux driver for this card.

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Brian

2. lilo <-x // x-> 0x1606

3. Let's Face It: IBM OS/2 Won!!!!

4. Need help with Fujitsu's Save-to-disk

5. Adding 2nd i'face to nis+ server

6. When CDPATH enviroment variable is set the "asm" symlink is placed in the wrong directory

7. Help installing & starting Face in Solaris x86 2.5 ?

8. FrontPage Extensions for NCSA Server Problem

9. faces

10. "Sun facing angry Pentium customers"

11. Apple faces lawsuit.

12. beginner facing problem in redhat 5.2

13. OT: MicroSoft facing angry Netscape