help: Undefined Symbol when loading modules after recompile kernel

help: Undefined Symbol when loading modules after recompile kernel

Post by epa.. » Fri, 16 May 1997 04:00:00

I am having a problem loading modules  after I rebuild the kernel, I
get "undefined symbol" messages. I am running this on a generic P-100
with 32mb ram.

I'm new to Linux but I've had a good bit of SCO experience. So far, this
O/S rocks! I just gotta figure this stuff out.

What I tried
============

I read the kernel how-to and followed instaructions for recompiling the
Kernel. I go through the "make config" options and pick only the stuff
I need. I make sure that I enabled all support for modules. I made sure
I did the "make dep ; make clean " before "make zImage". I ran "make
modules" and "make modules_install" but to no avail.

Messages
--------

{symbol name} : wrong version or undefined.

linux-2.0.25

Thanks in advance.

Ed Padin, Systems Integration Consultant, NYC/USA
    " Lead or get out of the way! "

Net-Tamer V 1.08 Palm Top - Registered

1. Help - Apache 1.3.3/FreeBSD 3.0 - Server will not execute - undefined symbol error loading modules

Hi

I just installed Apache 1.3.3 on a new installation of FreeBSD 3.0 on my
P100/74Meg Compaq.

I have tried both ways of installing Apache listed in the install and
readme.configure files, on both 1.3.2 and 1.3.3. The compile goes fine, no
errors there, but when I try to execute "httpd" or "apachectl start" I get
the following error:

Syntax error on line 27 of /usr/local/www/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so: Undefined symbol
"ap_make_sub_pool"

The files it lists are there, they are owned by www:www which is the UID the
server is running as. All Dir's are owned www:www.

Anyone have any ideas? I've installed and used Apache a lot in the past, but
this is the first time I have ever seen this error.

Thanks in advance.

Frank Laczko Jr.

2. how to read cd roms with more than one iso9660 session

3. modules don't load, undefined symbols??

4. 2.1.106 on Alpha? cannot compile

5. modules don't load, undefined symbols?? **SOLVED**

6. where is the browser in Aix4.3

7. unresolved symbols in modules after kernel recompile

8. mouse for left handed people

9. Missing symbols in modules after kernel recompile

10. unresolved symbols in modules after kernel recompile

11. "Undefined symbols in module /lib/modules/xx/xx.o: __this_module"

12. Modules aren't loaded after 2.2.5 or 2.2.9 kernel recompile

13. NO modules will load after kernel recompile!