Installing non-builtin ethernet driver for use with ftp install of redhat 5.2

Installing non-builtin ethernet driver for use with ftp install of redhat 5.2

Post by Urba » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have an etherenet card (netgear fast etherent PCI adapter). I want to do
an ftp install of redhat 5.2 but I can't because I can't use my ethernet
card. I have a linux driver for the card (on a floppy that came with the
card) but I don't know how to get that to where it's available for linux.

The computer is an HP pavilion 8175. The card model number is FA 310TX.

I have never used linux before or unix of any kind really, so step by step
instructions would be really helpful.

Thanks,
-Nick Urban

1. Installing RedHat 5.2 via ftp using DHCP

Hi all,

I was attempting to do the above, and the RedHat bootup/install program
doesn't
seem to be able to get a response from my DHCP server. I'm on a 2-way
cable
modem setup and the cable modem acts as a DHCP server (or so I've been
told
by wonderful tech support). I'm not new to Linux (I administer it on
many boxes
at work), but I've never tried to install via ftp before. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks.

Joel Cohen
System Architect
Cyber Dialogue
"Customer Relationships Through Digital Media"

2. M-Systems DOC binary driver compatible with Linux-MTD driver?

3. Installing 3com 3c509 ethernet card with Redhat 5.2

4. Transferring files over NFS

5. FTP install RedHat 5.2 on Dell GXa

6. shadow-3.3.1 and rlogin security hole

7. Installing RedHat 5.2 via FTP

8. Linux system stops running...

9. RedHat 5.2: Error installing by ftp

10. Cant FTP to newly installed Redhat 5.2 machine

11. Installing Redhat 5.2 via FTP

12. How to install RedHat 5.2 from an FTP server?