FTP problems.. canot acces

Post by stev » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I'm having problems with SLACKWARE 3.0.  I the ethernet connections
seemingly working ok.  However I cannot perform a FTP login, on the linux
sys as a client (via my ISP remotely).  The /etc/ftp... files seem to be
set up correctly.  operative word is "seem" as I can't find a MAN page or
HOW-TO on the subject

Any ideas

Regards

1. Newbie question xhost server acces, cant remove acces

xhost gives
INET:host1
INET:host2
INET:host3
LOCAL:

I want to remove/deny acces from host2&3
xhost -host2
xhost -host3

Now xhosts gives
INET:host3
INET:host2
INET:host1
LOCAL:

Acces from host 2&3 still working,
restarting doesn't help, removing by IPnumber doesn't help !

So where to look (what files), or how to remove these hosts.

OS/release: Linux SuSe 6.1
XFree     : 3.3.1

Thanx,

2. RH 6.1 on Compaq LTE 5150

3. Acces ftp passive mode with iptables

4. dvd burners for RedHat9 box

5. FTP Acces Rights?

6. finding AS number of host

7. Restricting ftp acces to some directories?

8. Top of ScrollBar color, Foreground or Background?

9. Restrict acces with ftp.

10. fsck: canot seek:BLK and cannot read BLK

11. hellp!!! Telnet ... canot work

12. root canot su ??

13. root canot su ?? & more info