How do I fix: "/etc/ld.so.cache has wrong version" ???

How do I fix: "/etc/ld.so.cache has wrong version" ???

Post by Robert I. Stewar » Wed, 06 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I am running linux, kernel version 1.2.0. When I upgraded my kernel, somebody
told me I needed to upgrade my libraries as well, so they copied the /lib files
from another machine.

Since that day, whenever I reboot my machine, linux boots up fine, but comes
up with the message: "/etc/ld.so.cache has wrong version" after every command
that I type.

I can "fix" the problem by just doing a "rm /etc/ld.so.cache" -- the messages
stop.

I was just wondering what on earch the message means and how I could fix it.

Thanks.

Robert

--

Department of Computer Science
University of Port Elizabeth, South Africa

How do I fix: "/etc/ld.so.cache has wrong version" ???

Post by Joel Ka » Wed, 06 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I am running linux, kernel version 1.2.0. When I upgraded my kernel, somebody
>told me I needed to upgrade my libraries as well, so they copied the /lib files
>from another machine.
>Since that day, whenever I reboot my machine, linux boots up fine, but comes
>up with the message: "/etc/ld.so.cache has wrong version" after every command
>that I type.

        Reinstall the ld.so package so your utils match your version.
Then run ldconfig.

--
Joel Katz                   Corporate Web Pages - http://WWW.*Plus.COM
Information on Objectivism, Atheism, the 8031/8051 Microcontrollers, Linux

How do I fix: "/etc/ld.so.cache has wrong version" ???

Post by jo.. » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

 : Hi,
 :
 : I am running linux, kernel version 1.2.0. When I upgraded my kernel, somebody
 : told me I needed to upgrade my libraries as well, so they copied the /lib files
 : from another machine.
 :
 : Since that day, whenever I reboot my machine, linux boots up fine, but comes
 : up with the message: "/etc/ld.so.cache has wrong version" after every command
 : that I type.
 :
 : I can "fix" the problem by just doing a "rm /etc/ld.so.cache" -- the messages
 : stop.
 :
 : I was just wondering what on earch the message means and how I could fix it.

You can fix it with the command:
  /sbin/ldconfig
(run it as root)
This command should be run at boot in /etc/rc.d/rc.M (Slackware version)

joost witteveen