Error congiguring video card --"Cannot find server, cannot continue"

Error congiguring video card --"Cannot find server, cannot continue"

Post by Kevin Matthe » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to configure my Matrox Millenium G200 vid card for red hat linux
5.  I am using their Xconfigurator program but I keep getting the error "canot
find server, cannot continue"  I tried selecting Matrox Millenium from the
list of vid cards but that didn't work.  I also tried selected Unlisted Card
from the list but that didn't work either.  Does anybody have any ideas on how
to fix this?  Thanks

Kevin Matthews

Error congiguring video card --"Cannot find server, cannot continue"

Post by Alessandro Giachin » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

i have the same card.  it works great.

go to www.suse.com

they have a driver, (must have xfree86 3.3.2 installed)
this driver is by the way now included with
the newest xfree86 (3.3.3)

AG
--

1. Error congiguring video card --"Cannot find server, cannot continue"

I am trying to configure my Matrox Millenium G200 vid card for red hat linux
5.  I am using their Xconfigurator program but I keep getting the error "canot

find server, cannot continue"  I tried selecting Matrox Millenium from the
list of vid cards but that didn't work.  I also tried selected Unlisted Card
from the list but that didn't work either.  Does anybody have any ideas on how

to fix this?  Thanks

Kevin Matthews

2. HELP:"Hdc: Lost Interrupt" error.

3. find without the "find: cannot read dir /usr/lost+found: Permission denied"

4. XFree86 Window focus log for time tracking?

5. Pkgadd ERROR: "Cannot find the default archive install script."

6. i'm sorry: config.taz now called config-files.tar.z

7. "Cannot find child device" error after cfgmgr is run

8. StarOffice 4

9. Legato error- "Cannot find slot -9999 in operation slots list"

10. "cannot find map file" error

11. Strange "cannot stat" errors from the find command.

12. "Cannot continue, aborting"

13. X server "cannot connect" error