Couple of simple setup questions....

Post by Equina » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello all, here's my questions...

1.  How do I automount a win32 partition, i.e. which linux script must I edit
for the partition to be mounted at startup.

2. Every since I recompiled my kernel I get this error at shutdown:
/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/s00halt: accton: command not found
While it doesn't seem like a big problem, I would like to know what is causing
it and what can I do to fix it.

Thanks so much for any information,
Equinaux

PS.  Please try to reply by e-mail.  I cannot check this newsgroup that often.

Couple of simple setup questions....

Post by Geoff Alls » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello all, here's my questions...

>1.  How do I automount a win32 partition, i.e. which linux script must I edit
>for the partition to be mounted at startup.

edit /etc/fstab

Quote:>2. Every since I recompiled my kernel I get this error at shutdown:
>/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/s00halt: accton: command not found
>While it doesn't seem like a big problem, I would like to know what is causing
>it and what can I do to fix it.

well, it's telling you what and where the problem is -- look in the
file /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/S00halt (which is actually a symlink to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/halt) and look for a call to "accton"  -- the "command
not found" message is coming from the shell when it attempts to
execute "accton" and can't find it!

good luck
geoff

Geoff Allsup                   Upper Ocean Processes Group
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution   Woods Hole, MA, USA