STB Video Card Halts RH5.2 Install

Post by BGFa » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm really, really trying to get RH5.2 installed but keep running into
the same problem no matter what I do. The install gets to the point
where it probes my video card (correctly identifying it: PCI Entry:
Virge/VX and chooses Xserver: SVGA). Then I'm asked what monitor I have.
I choose the Princeton Graphics Systems 17+ and it says that
Xconfigurator will probe my system and that things might blink a bit.

The screen goes grey, blinks back to the blue install, then back to grey
and the computer locks up completely.

Can someone help me with this?

I would either like to figure a good way to skip this section of the
install (the 5.2 installer doesn't provide that option very easily under
Workstation or Custom install) or a way to fix the problem. The second
option is favorable since I don't know enough to really fix much on my
own.

Thanks for the help.

--
Brian

STB Video Card Halts RH5.2 Install

Post by Stephen Leun » Mon, 04 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Brian,

I have just installed the Red Hat 5.2 successfully. Have you tried to choose
custom in this section and select some other models for example I selected
Non-interlaced SVGA and it worked fine with my monitor.

Stephen

> I'm really, really trying to get RH5.2 installed but keep running into
> the same problem no matter what I do. The install gets to the point
> where it probes my video card (correctly identifying it: PCI Entry:
> Virge/VX and chooses Xserver: SVGA). Then I'm asked what monitor I have.
> I choose the Princeton Graphics Systems 17+ and it says that
> Xconfigurator will probe my system and that things might blink a bit.

> The screen goes grey, blinks back to the blue install, then back to grey
> and the computer locks up completely.

> Can someone help me with this?

> I would either like to figure a good way to skip this section of the
> install (the 5.2 installer doesn't provide that option very easily under
> Workstation or Custom install) or a way to fix the problem. The second
> option is favorable since I don't know enough to really fix much on my
> own.

> Thanks for the help.

> --
> Brian

1. RH5.2 Install hangs probing video card

I am installing RH 5.2 and the install routine has been hanging up at
the point where I am prompted withe the following:

Probing to begin
Xconfigurator will now run the Xserver you selected to probe various
information about your videocard. It is normal for the screen to blink
several times.

The screen blinks, then fades to grey and all is silent. Ugh.

My video card is the STB Velocity PCI with 4 MB.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

2. WEB GRAPHICS

3. Video Card probs. - Gateway STB, AGP 4MB Graphics Card ????

4. Basics New Media SCSI Adapter

5. Help - RH5.0 X video problem on STB Horizon 64 PCI

6. Knode crashing in OpenBSD 2.8

7. RH5.2 and STB graphic card

8. R5 XWindow Installer misses

9. STB Velocity 128 Video Card

10. STB Velocity 3D Video card

11. Gateway 2000 STB Video card

12. STB Velocity 128 8MB video card?

13. VIDEO ACCEL CARD: STB PowerGraph 64 info.