htpasswd

Post by Dan Snyde » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is there any reason that my username/password ("private" and
"private")would be rejected when trying to access a private directory?
I have set up .htaccess and .htpasswd and given them proper permissions,
but when it try to access the directory, it keeps rejecting me.

Here are my files:
.htaccess:
AuthUserFile /home/sites/site79/web/private/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName PrivateDirectory
AuthType Basic

<Limit GET>
require user private
</Limit>

and my .htpasswd
private:"jibberish"

To set up the .htpasswd I use #/usr/sbin/htpasswd -c .htpasswd private
and #chmod a+r .htpasswd and #chmod a+r .htaccess

I can't figure out what is wrong, is it just osmething I am foregetting
to do.  Feel free to e-mail

Thanks,
jon Snyder

1. To hack my own htpasswd program, where would I get the encryption/decryption routine that the current htpasswd uses?

If I were to hack my own htpasswd program, where would I get the
encryption/decryption routine that the current htpasswd uses?

I've been trying to mess with <shadow.h> but I'm getting errors from
the getspent() function; I've got:

main()
{
        spwd fred;
        int t=lckpwdf();
        fred=getspent();   // see error for this line at bottom
        t=ulckpwdf();

When compiled I get:
        no match for spwd & = spwd *
        /usr/include/shadow.h 63: candidates are: spwd::operator
=(const spwd &)

2. libivykis 0.2, fd event handling library

3. htpasswd help

4. Monitoring CPU idle in C code

5. htpasswd for Linux

6. Problem With my Read routine

7. Problem with htaccess and htpasswd

8. user permissions

9. htaccess/htpasswd setup??

10. htpasswd with only FTP access

11. .htpasswd and .htaccess in ascii or binary?

12. How can I automate htpasswd to add users?

13. Can I use /etc/passwd as htpasswd