How do you add to man pages?? fvwm icon stuff

How do you add to man pages?? fvwm icon stuff

Post by Michael Pano » Tue, 28 Mar 1995 02:14:57

How do you add stuff to your man pages. I just compiled a new clock and I wana
add the .man file to the rest of my pages, I'm lost as to what to do.

One more question. Have any of you been able to get them icons for fvwm to
load up. Mine just don't appear.

Thanks,
--Mike

1. How do I add man pages to man path for new app

There are many ways to add.
1. If the man pages are in your home directory you can add the your man directory
    to MANPATH variable and export it
    ex:
         MANPATH=:/usr/man:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man:/home/myhome/man1
         export MANPATH
2. If you have a root permission you can add the your man directory  to MANPATH
variable in /etc/profile file and then export.

3. If you do have root passwd, You can add MANPATH to your .profile.
        MANPATH=:/usr/man:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man:/home/myhome/man1
        export MANPATH
    1 and 3 steps  which will allow only you to view.

Hope i am correct.
Good luck
Bapu Patil

       Free ACCCESS to 30,000 Newsgroups
      Read and Post through a web-site...
             http://www.feedME.org

2. Font error on Solaris 8 with CDE desktop

3. How do I add man pages to man path for new application ?

4. Looking for WaveLAN driver for Linux

5. Standard man pages to "Catted" man pages!

6. Restarting Mail Daemon

7. Man page for the FVWM Modules in Slackware 3.0...

8. SuSE installation woes

9. FVWM man pages

10. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

11. Icons for Fvwm-CDEmulation - icons.gif [1/1]

12. INN-2.1 man pages and more INN stuff

13. How to add man page for xman?