Intel Etherexpress 16/ISA not recognized by Slackware kernel

Intel Etherexpress 16/ISA not recognized by Slackware kernel

Post by Borries Demel » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello, the subject line says it all: I'm trying to install the latest
Slackware distribution on a 386/40 with a 16 bit ISA Intel EtherExpress
card. I have tried the scsinet.s and net.i bootkernels, neither was able
to detect the card. Do I have to specify the location, IRQ, base address,
etc. on the lilo prompt line? If so, what's the correct syntax?

1. EtherExpress ISA/16 bit not recognized by kernels

Article: 79836 of comp.os.linux.setup

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Intel Etherexpress 16/ISA not recognized by Slackware kernel
Date: 4 Dec 1996 15:20:46 GMT

Hello, the subject line says it all: I'm trying to install the latest
Slackware distribution on a 386/40 with a 16 bit ISA Intel EtherExpress
card. I have tried the scsinet.s and net.i bootkernels, neither was able
to detect the card. I manually compiled a kernel that specifically
included EtherExpress drivers hardcoded into the kernel. No luck either.
Do I have to specify the location, IRQ, base address, etc. on the lilo
prompt line? If so, what's the correct syntax?

2. Compiling dosemu0.49pl4

3. EtherExpress ISA/16 bit not recognized by kernels - SOLVED

4. Diet /sbin/hotplug package released

5. Intel EtherExpress 16 and Kernel 2.1.123 with Slackware prob...

6. linux on !intel ?

7. Slackware with intel etherExpress 16 lan adapter

8. Good Sys admin books for SCO?

9. Drivers for Intel EtherExpress 16 (NOT PRO)

10. Intel EtherExpress 16 not found by RH5.2 during install

11. Intel EtherExpress 16, Kernel 2.x Woes

12. Kernel failed to detect my Intel EtherExpress 16 card - please help

13. Kernel config and Intel EtherExpress 16