root disk file system type and nfs server from boot/root disks.

root disk file system type and nfs server from boot/root disks.

Post by Ron Peter » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a root disk that was created with rawrite.  It is the color.gz
image.  I would like to mount the root disk and make some modifications
to the disk (adding nfs server capability).

I have tried mounting with various file system types and have had no
luck.

So, how can I mount it to make these modifications, or the bigger
question, how can I easily add nfs server capability to the basic
boot/root disk combination.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

1. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root disks.

I have a root disk that was created with rawrite.  It is the color.gz
image.  I would like to mount the root disk and make some modifications
to the disk (adding nfs server capability).

I have tried mounting with various file system types and have had no
luck.

So, how can I mount it to make these modifications, or the bigger
question, how can I easily add nfs server capability to the basic
boot/root disk combination.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. Can winroute pro be used to share net

3. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root floppies.

4. libg++-2.7.2.8 setup - help??

5. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???

6. How to list all running processes ; How to reparent a process?

7. Promise FastTrak 66 or 100

8. Linux Boot/Root-disk to connect to NFS-Server ???

9. Boot and Root file system disks

10. Can't login as root on SLS 1.02 root/boot disk!

11. Which boot disk goes with the Slackware 3.0 pcmcia.gz root disk?

12. boot/root disks using ram disk