Problem with shadow-password:unknown item 'ISSUE_FILE_ENAB'

Problem with shadow-password:unknown item 'ISSUE_FILE_ENAB'

Post by Armand Delcro » Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:00:00

This the message I receveid when I do a pwconv in the /etc directory
configuration error   -   unkown item 'ISSUE_FILE_ENAB' (notify
administrator)

Why ? can you help me please ?
What I have to do ?

Thanks a lot !

Armand Delcros

1. 'ls' doesn't work on net-2 in.ftpd for shadow passwords

Could somebody please point out what I'm doing wrong?  Ever since
I installed linux-0.99.10 and got net-2 working, the ftp daemon
has not allowed connections to my machine.  I found out that it
was because I was using shadow passwords and ftpd couldn't handle
that.  So, when the new net-2 faq came out and said to retrieve
the shadow-enabled programs, I got net2-shadow-bin.tgz and tried
ftpd.

I was finally able to connect, using ftp, to my machine and actually
log in.  But the 'ls' command wouldn't work.  The client and server
programs both thought everything had succeeded, but no listing of
files was produced.  The normal status messages were generated,
like

200 PORT command successful
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.

but no files were listed.  Ftping to any other machine worked
correctly.  And the 'nlist', 'bin', 'get', 'status', and 'rstatus'
commands all worked correctly when connected to my machine.

So I retrieved the ftpd source (ftpd.c says it's version 5.40 but
vers.c says it's version 5.60) and modified it to use shadow
passwords.  It has the same problem.

Can anybody tell me how to get an ftpd that works with shadow
passwords, either in binary form or the patches to the source?  I'd
really appreciate any help.

Bob Crosson

2. (newbie)setting boot disk in prom

3. Shadow package from sunsite (shadow'd passwords)

4. No Upgrade Option (Sol 2.4->2.5)

5. 'sudo' with Shadow password support?

6. tr0 error 0059 after kerneld 2.1.121

7. shadow file and '*' passwords and postgres ?

8. Problems with CD-Rom! Help me ,plz!

9. Here's my workaround for SunOS4 to SunOS5 NIS shadow password problem

10. 'Unknown PCI device' and 'Keyboard timeout' with RedHat 4.1

11. Shadow password files vs. non-shadowed passwords

12. ERROR: KDE shadow password error although no shadow passwords used

13. ??: 'shadow-ina-box-1.2' Installation Problems - Pointers???