looping boot process for Red Hat Linux using lilo

looping boot process for Red Hat Linux using lilo

Post by Jon Littl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

After installing linux on my laptop, when booting linux at the initial
prompt, the boot process loops endlessly.  After a checking all of the
partition file systems, a scrolling field of numbers runs for about 2
minutes before the computer shuts down and reboots.

Thanks,

Jon

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Performa 5300

3. CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0 LILO Boot.

4. problems with xwindows

5. Linux IP Routing

6. Red Hat Linux: need Lilo boot install help!

7. CD audio on MASHITADVD-ROM SR-8186

8. Demonizing Red Hat (was: CodeWarrior for Red Hat Linux)

9. Red Hat Linux for $50 at RedHat.Com vs. Red Hat from LSL

10. Sun, Red Hat To Offer Red Hat Linux On Sun Servers

11. Red Hat's Linux Application CD which ships with Red Hat Professional Server Version 7

12. Help w/ Red Hat V4 - making LILO boot floppy