Wu-ftpd uploading problem,

1. Virtual WU-FTPD Uploading problems: Bad File Number

:
: I installed the patch to WU-FTPD to allow virtual anonymous ftp
: and compiled and installed it. I can log in to the new virtual
: domain, but when I try to issue a command like ls or so I keep
: getting the following error:
:
: 425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number

Well, I had this error when I was installing wu.ftpd, but I'm not doing
anything with virtual domains.  My fix went something like this: verify the
permissions on the home dirs were set down exactly as in the ftpd(8) man page
and make sure that my /etc/passwd entries were of the form:

joeuser:x:1000:1000:Joe User:/export/home/joeuser/./:/bin/false

and not of the form:

joeuser:x:1000:1000:Joe User:/export/home/joeuser:/bin/false

I forget excatly which of the two was my problem, but I believe that the upshot
it that things can't find libc after wu.ftpd does the chroot().

PeeWee

--
"We look hard, we look through, we look hard to see for real" Sisters of Mercy

"....and stop stomping around like that so much!!"   --Deanna Yow, on 12/18/95

2. Soundblaster SCSI/Adaptec 1520 Driver Problem

3. wu-ftpd, ftpaccess, UMASK, upload problem... HELP!

4. Problems under YAST with Windows2000 created partitions

5. wu-ftpd virtual upload problem

6. PostScript

7. Strange MOL Problem

8. resume upload for wu-ftpd server

9. wu-ftpd "upload" ftpaccess directive

10. resume on uploads? (wu-ftpd)

11. wu-ftpd upload permissions...

12. wu-ftpd 2.6.0 Guest FTP upload odd as hell ;)