Change LILO default?

Post by Thomas F. Ewal » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

LILO defaults (RedHat 5.0) on my system to Linux, but I need it to default
to DOS (have voice/fax card, which I need for my business).  How do I do
this?

Thanks.
--
Thomas F. Ewald
Ewald Computer Consulting

Change LILO default?

Post by Matt Templeto » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> LILO defaults (RedHat 5.0) on my system to Linux, but I need it to default
> to DOS (have voice/fax card, which I need for my business).  How do I do
> this?

> Thanks.
> --
> Thomas F. Ewald
> Ewald Computer Consulting

You need to edit /etc/lilo.conf and put the boot image you want as default
first on the list. Then use the command lilo to load the new .conf file so it
will work on the next boot.

See:   man lilo   and    man lilo.conf for more details

Matt

Remove XoutX.  in my email address to reply....

Change LILO default?

Post by Jürgen Exne » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>LILO defaults (RedHat 5.0) on my system to Linux, but I need it to default
>to DOS (have voice/fax card, which I need for my business).  How do I do
>this?

Use the "default" option in /etc/lilo.config for the image you want to load
by default.
The details can be found in the lilo documentation.

jue
--
Jrgen Exner; microsoft.com, UID: jurgenex
Sorry for this anti-spam inconvenience

Change LILO default?

Post by David Joff » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> LILO defaults (RedHat 5.0) on my system to Linux, but I need it to default
> to DOS (have voice/fax card, which I need for my business).  How do I do
> this?

Add a line to the main settings in /etc/lilo.conf "default=label", where
"label" is the LILO label you have for your dos partition (what you type
to have dos boot at the LILO: prompt.)

Then re-run "/sbin/lilo" to update the boot record.

 - David

David Joffe  djoffe at icon dot co dot za | Linux: Why use windows
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/2018/ | when theres a door?
"Tip of the day: You can avoid neck injury and eyestrain at work
 by just quitting your job and finding one that doesn't involve
 computers in any way."                - LinuxFocus, March 1998

Change LILO default?

Post by David Cla » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>LILO defaults (RedHat 5.0) on my system to Linux, but I need it to default
>to DOS (have voice/fax card, which I need for my business).  How do I do
>this?

>Thanks.
>--
>Thomas F. Ewald
>Ewald Computer Consulting

In addition to all the excellent suggestions already posted, you can
run linuxconf and look for it in the configure --> boot loader
section. There's a "modify lilo default" option, and you can select
the default configuration there.

1. How can I install a zip drive in Redhat 6.1, and change lilo default boot?

I have a NEC Zip drive, which is supported win95/98/NT. my linux system
detect it, it might be installed as well. But I don't known how to operate
it in the terminal. What should the directry of zip drive be? Please help
me? and how can I change lilo's default boot from linux to window 98?
Thank you very much!!!!

2. Booing problem with LinuxPPC 4.0

3. Changing LILO to boot to Win95 as default

4. NFS - tests + results

5. LILO: How to change the default setting

6. dcopserver core dump on Unixware 7.1.1 w/kdelibs 2.1.1

7. Lilo's default -> Linux; how do I change to W98?

8. SCO's 64 bit Gemini with Merced will topple WinNT

9. changing default o.s in lilo boot loader

10. can't change default in LILO

11. How to change default in LILO?

12. Can I change the LILO default boot partition?

13. changing default boot of lilo