need backupscript

Post by Mathias Singe » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:18:06

I need a backupscript wich makes it own filelists (not like the arcive
attribut) and saves only the new files. I had found one script that
dosen't work (in an magazine). Had someone an script that works. For
get the filelists I can use Linux but for packing and burning on CD I
had to use Windows, for that I had tar in a Windows Version. I can't
install the cygwin developer becouse the amount of diskspace (I want
to delete many, but had an backup before).

Send me your backupscripts to the reply-t adress, this email, hadn't any
limit of space and max emails.

need backupscript

Post by Michael Heimin » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 06:41:38

Mathias Singer

Quote:> I need a backupscript wich makes it own filelists (not like the
> arcive attribut) and saves only the new files. I had found one
> script that dosen't work (in an magazine). Had someone an script
> that works. For get the filelists I can use Linux but for packing
> and burning on CD I had to use Windows, for that I had tar in a
> Windows Version. I can't install the cygwin developer becouse the
> amount of diskspace (I want to delete many, but had an backup
> before).

> Send me your backupscripts to the reply-t adress, this email,
> hadn't any limit of space and max emails.

ow it has?

However, why on earth should anyone send you a script, it's not
even clear what you want to do...

hint:
man find

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

need backupscript

Post by Mathias Singe » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:01:02

Quote:>> amount of diskspace (I want to delete many, but had an backup
>> before).

>> Send me your backupscripts to the reply-to adress, this email,
>> hadn't any limit of space and max emails.

> ow it has?

don't try it out please, it is only mutt and all on had a limit, you
are right, even the livetime of the sun. I know the progs
like fakemailer.

Quote:> However, why on earth should anyone send you a script, it's not
> even clear what you want to do...

> hint:
> man find

> Michael Heiming
> --
> Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

becouse you understand my problems and want to help others, but people at
the first two steps on the social age (sozialem Alter), don't understand
that.

I want to make a backup of an 14GB big windows system on CD-R's, for
the second question.

need backupscript

Post by Bruce Burhan » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:21:37

Quote:> >> amount of diskspace (I want to delete many, but had an backup
> >> before).

> >> Send me your backupscripts to the reply-to adress, this email,
> >> hadn't any limit of space and max emails.

> > ow it has?
> don't try it out please, it is only mutt and all on had a limit, you
> are right, even the livetime of the sun. I know the progs
> like fakemailer.

> > However, why on earth should anyone send you a script, it's not
> > even clear what you want to do...

> > hint:
> > man find

> > Michael Heiming
> > --
> > Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

> becouse you understand my problems and want to help others, but people at
> the first two steps on the social age (sozialem Alter), don't understand
> that.

If you wanted to help people, then wouldn't you want
the script posted here, on the newsgroup, for others to
benefit from also?  .

There are backup scripts in the  bash programming  intro  HOWTO  at ldp.

Bruce<+>

Quote:> I want to make a backup of an 14GB big windows system on CD-R's, for
> the second question.

need backupscript

Post by Davi » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:34:44

> There are backup scripts in the  bash programming  intro  HOWTO  at ldp.

There are several backup scripts/tools available at this link.

   ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/backup

--
   Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.

need backupscript

Post by Bruce Burhan » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:59:16

> > There are backup scripts in the  bash programming  intro  HOWTO  at ldp.

> There are several backup scripts/tools available at this link.

>    ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/backup

    Not having worked up the courage to rebuild my
kernel for scsi-emulation, and thus unable to write to my
cd ,  I do minimal backups by turning everything into
plaintext or uuencode,  gzip them  and just manually copy them to floppies,
using the <split> command for the  ones
that are too big.
    But it would be nice to have cron dump the backups in
tarballs onto a cd once a day...Will  save the URL .

Thanks,

Bruce<+>

--

Quote:>    Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
> Registered with the Linux Counter.  http://counter.li.org

1. Recommended Backupscripting

Is the a easy way to make backup solaris systems:

At this moment I am using the standard unix-commando to try to make backup.

When I wanted to list the contents of the tape I came cross this error
message.
cd /var/tmp

 ufsrestore ivf /dev/rmt/0
Verify volume and initialize maps
Media read error: Error 0

Could someone help me out here. I really don't see what I am doing wrong
here.

What is a recommended solution to get data from filesystem /dev/rmt/0cn
/dev/md/dsk/d14
I would also wanted to list the previous data van this same filesystems? How
could I do that.

Many thanks
Regards

Feisal

echo ""
echo "<<<<<<<<<<<< BEGIN TAPEBACKUP >>>>>>>>>>>>>"
echo "Begin Tape Backup Time is :" `date +%H:%M:%S`
/bin/sync
/usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0cn /dev/md/dsk/d2
/bin/sync
/usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0cn /dev/md/dsk/d5
/bin/sync
/usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0cn /dev/md/dsk/d8
/bin/sync
/usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0cn /dev/md/dsk/d11
/bin/sync
/usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0cn /dev/md/dsk/d14
/bin/sync
echo "End Tape Backup Time is :" `date +%H:%M:%S`
echo "<<<<<<<<<<<< END TAPEBACKUP >>>>>>>>>>>>>"
exit 0

2. vi changing colours on ansi terminal

3. backupscript , problems with \ ?

4. Works on unix but not on Linux

5. redirecting ftp standard output problem in ftp-backupscript

6. Squid + dial on demand

7. Afio and BAckupscript

8. Solaris AND AS/400

9. backupscript , 4.3 , problems with \

10. CD-ROM mount needs source <--> source needs CD-ROM mount

11. NEED HELP in figuring what's needed for LINUX.

12. Help needed - Win98 --> Linux needs IPC$ Password ?

13. HELP! needed identifying ethernet board needed