Thinkpad 560 / PCMCIA Cdrom problem

Post by Andrea Zuccoll » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm trying to install (readhat 5.1 / suse 6.0) on an IBM ThinkPad 560Z
with IBM's PCMCIA 20x CDROM; apparently, no cardmgr can see it; this is
the error message:

  cardmgr, v 3.0.6
  unsupported card in socket 0
     product info: "IBM", "PCMCIA Portable CD-ROM Drive"
     manfid: 0x00a4, 0x002d
  Intel PCI Probe:
     TI 1250A PCT-to-CARDBUS at BUS 0, Slot 2
     MEM 0x50000000, 2 Sockets

Socket 0 is the pcmcia adapter; the other one, the modem card, is
correctly recognized

I looked around on the pcmcia support and thinkpad web pages but wasn't
able to find enough info; any idea ?

Please reply to my email address as our news server is not that reliable
;-)

1. Problem with IBM Thinkpad 560 and Raven PCMCIA CD-ROM

Hi,

I have installed Slackware 3.3 with kernel 2.0.30 on an IBM Thinkpad
560. It contains 2 PCMCIA cards, slot 0 has a Megahertz
ethernet/faxmodem card and slot 1 contains a RAVEN CDNOTE 4X PCMCIA SCSI
card. When I boot from the diskette using pcmcia.gz image, the cd rom is
detected and I was able to install Linux from the CD. After rebooting, I
get no response from SCSI controller 0, drive 0..and my system hangs.
The CD is set to Address 5, even when changing to address 0 it doesn't
help. If I reboot from the diskette and mount my hard drive, then remove
the /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia file, reboot then I do not get the error.
Obviously I no longer have PCMCIA support!
What is the bare.i, pcmcia.gz images on the diskette doing differently
than the installed kernel?

The I/O address of the card is 230 with IRQ 10. Windows 95 sees this as
a RAVEN KXLC002 pcmcia card and linux sees it as a Qlogic card.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rob

2. Weird error with ftptool

3. thinkpad 560 - problem with SCSI PCMCIA

4. Workman-1.2.2a

5. BogoMips, IBM ThinkPad 560 & 3C589 PCMCIA net adapter

6. Leased Line Problem with Linux

7. 5.1 on IBM Thinkpad 560 and IBM CDROM

8. Need help with ARP messages!! [Slackware 1.1.1]

9. RedHat 5.2 on Thinkpad 560 - floppy problem

10. APM problems with RH6.0 Linux on Thinkpad 560

11. Weird ThinkPad 560 screen scrolling problem

12. IBM ThinkPad 560 problem with startx

13. Problems w/FreeBSD on Thinkpad 560